testtest

last night on the show ON PATROL

powerboatr

Professional
a guy was stopped by the police and they asked him to get out based on what the police saw. which is fine
but one of the firearms they saw was a ar 15 with no butt stock. it had the buffer tube, but no stock
and barrel appeared pretty short but still stuck out past the heat shield

it struck me as odd and HOW could you effectively operate the rifle with no but stock?
that buffer tube end would drive right through the shoulder, so did the guy shoot it with just holding the pistol grip and the the heat shield?
and is it legal to not have a butt stock?
they never said and sort of skipped past going back to the stop or i fell asleep

a guy was stopped by the police and they asked him to get out based on what the police saw. which is fine
but one of the firearms they saw was a ar 15 with no butt stock. it had the buffer tube, but no stock

it struck me as odd and HOW could you effectively operate the rifle with no but stock?
that buffer tube end would drive right through the shoulder, so did the guy shoot it with just holding the pistol grip and the the heat shield?
they never said and sort of skipped past going back to the stop or i fell asleep
That’s the latest no gangster thug wants to be without !! Shoots 223, and is technically classified as a handgun per ATF definition. All the baddest bad guys need those for their driveby socials. Smarter posters than me can tell ya more, I’m sure.

Also, isn’t that what one of the genius perps used in the KC parade tragedy ?? You know, the upstanding citizen that should’ve been behind bars but got an appearance ticket to add to his wallpaper collection instead ?? I could be wrong

it had no buttstock at all
just the buffer tube and i thought OUCH that should be brutal if you held it to your shoulder
it struck me as ODD , but they never really went back to say anything other than he had it NON compliance according to state law about concealed or something .

looked pretty hard to handle , much less accurate other than spraying bullets in a wide spread

thanks guys

My brain was trying to compute that too. I'm just learning that platform , so I don't know a lot yet but that looked wrong to me. I figured it was some new gang thing maybe.

I have a 10.5" pistol with just a tube. Braces kinda suck. I've never shouldered the tube. Doesn't sound like something I would want to do.

You set these up on a sling so that when it's at the end of the sling's travel the tube rests on your cheek. Now you have 3 points of contact, plus a taught sling. Obviously follow up shots are slower than with a stock, but then I didn't have to pay $200 and register my pistol with the government either.

Buffer tube wil not drive right through the shoulder; this is a (to quote Cooper) a poodle shooter .223, not an African dangerous game rifle.

Depending on the buffer tube style, it could be perfectly legal as a pistol.

Thank your president.

What State?

I have that deadly 9mm pistol carbine

You can shoot it with the foam buffer tube.. even cheek weld if you absolutely had to. Its really easy to shoot.
Accuracy on the other hand is a different story.

If my 10 yr old can shoot AR’s all day long, buffer tube special is retarded, but doable
It's accurate. Follow up shots are slower than a carbine, but I can get good hits at 100 yards off my cheek with no problem.

If it's pistol legal it should have a short round buffer tube unlike just not having a stock on it. If it had a carbine stock the stock is easily and quickly added. If it has/had a longer buffer tube that's round it can come unscrewed if it's an a1 or a2 tube. It needs a rifle stock to keep it in place. Not knowing the ins and outs of what is what between pistol and sbr classifications it doesn't sound legal?

If it's pistol legal it should have a short round buffer tube unlike just not having a stock on it. If it had a carbine stock the stock is easily and quickly added. If it has/had a longer buffer tube that's round it can come unscrewed if it's an a1 or a2 tube. It needs a rifle stock to keep it in place. Not knowing the ins and outs of what is what between pistol and sbr classifications it doesn't sound legal?
You can use a carbine castle nut & plate with an A1 or A2 tube and use it as a pistol buffer. If you want to play it safe, drill the treads out of the hole where the stock attaches.

You can use a carbine castle nut & plate with an A1 or A2 tube and use it as a pistol buffer. If you want to play it safe, drill the treads out of the hole where the stock attaches.
How will that help as it will only slightly enlarge the hole where the screw went. Even if it helps in classification, the tube can still loosen. The buffer detent won't help either. The rifle stock holds in place at the wrong end for the possible use of an end plate. Where the anti-rotation detent (not technically a decent) is isn't threaded for a screw to help hold. Maybe the best possibility would be to drill and tap above the threads on the lower and use a set screw (flush mount ad not to interfere with the chargehandle).

Back