testtest

Lawsuit in Missouri against Academy Sports for Selling Ammunition

I need to do the same.
Doing it online is stated as 15 days max. Online cost is $70, vice the $60 and 90 day turnaround through the regular method. I went ahead and got the CCDW after Beshear got in office and expressed his intention/desire to appeal Constitutional Carry. Hoping the [conservative] citizens of KY get their act together and make Beshear a one-termer come election time. I'm sure once we get through this covid-19 fiasco he'll start showing his anti-2A colors.

Doing it online is stated as 15 days max. Online cost is $70, vice the $60 and 90 day turnaround through the regular method. I went ahead and got the CCDW after Beshear got in office and expressed his intention/desire to appeal Constitutional Carry. Hoping the [conservative] citizens of KY get their act together and make Beshear a one-termer come election time. I'm sure once we get through this covid-19 fiasco he'll start showing his anti-2A colors.
Am I correct in that online is only for veterans? Or can anyone apply? What about the shooting part of the class?

Am I correct in that online is only for veterans? Or can anyone apply? What about the shooting part of the class?
Online is for anyone. For the shooting part you'll transmit a copy of the class completion/certificate with the other forms.

Go to the link below and create an account, and you'll do everything through there, including sending a pic of yourself (for the license), and payment, except for the part you pay at the Sheriff's office when you pickup the license. If you're unable to take your own pic within the rq'd submittal size, contact the sheriff's office. They charged $5 here (and I had the pic shortly after they took it), instead of a (much higher) price at Walgreen's photo section. All of the requirements and steps are located at the KSP link.

Online is for anyone. For the shooting part you'll transmit a copy of the class completion/certificate with the other forms.

Go to the link below and create an account, and you'll do everything through there, including sending a pic of yourself (for the license), and payment, except for the part you pay at the Sheriff's office when you pickup the license. If you're unable to take your own pic within the rq'd submittal size, contact the sheriff's office. They charged $5 here (and I had the pic shortly after they took it), instead of a (much higher) price at Walgreen's photo section. All of the requirements and steps are located at the KSP link.

Perfect thank you.

Here in PA it only takes a trip to the sheriff's office. Fill out a form (the same as if you are buying a gun) 3 references and they run you though the insta check ( same as buying a gun) couple min if approve take your pic and give them the money ($20) and your are done permit in hand and out the door. The county I'm in they come around to the local police station and do them the only county in PA that dose it.

Here in PA it only takes a trip to the sheriff's office. Fill out a form (the same as if you are buying a gun) 3 references and they run you though the insta check ( same as buying a gun) couple min if approve take your pic and give them the money ($20) and your are done permit in hand and out the door. The county I'm in they come around to the local police station and do them the only county in PA that dose it.
That sounds fairly pain-free. 👍

Yeah, each county in Pa. has their own way on handling it, but it's mostly as you say Adam. My county required two in county residents for referral, my buddy's county south of me, required no references whatsoever. A few sued the State over the process and when I renewed, I noticed the in county resident requirement was no longer required and they didn't even check the two that I provided. One State Senator (I believe representing a county north of Pittsburgh, is trying to introduce legislation that if you have already passed a background check for a firearm, there should be no further checks to get a concealed carry permit. I truly wish him luck with getting that into committee and passed.

Yeah, each county in Pa. has their own way on handling it, but it's mostly as you say Adam. My county required two in county residents for referral, my buddy's county south of me, required no references whatsoever. A few sued the State over the process and when I renewed, I noticed the in county resident requirement was no longer required and they didn't even check the two that I provided. One State Senator (I believe representing a county north of Pittsburgh, is trying to introduce legislation that if you have already passed a background check for a firearm, there should be no further checks to get a concealed carry permit. I truly wish him luck with getting that into committee and passed.
Sounds like a fairly easy process, but needs state-wide consistency perhaps?

Me too. We need three reference for a first timer. If you are renewing it you don't need any. I'm in Westmoreland county. Sout East of Pittsburgh. Its nice that the go around to local police department and do them till 6 pm.

Sounds like a fairly easy process, but needs state-wide consistency perhaps?
Agreed Scott. Pa. use to offer out of State residents the ability to get a Pa. Concealed Carry permit. It slowly stopped issuing them in each county until only a handful of counties would provide them. A buddy from NC. was up and wanted to renew his Pa. CCP and I called my and a few other Counties and asked which ones still provided issues/renewals. There was one Pa. county that RT81 runs through to Maryland that still did it, and since he drove that way back home to NC, he said he might stop. Next time I talked with him he said he blew it off since he also had a Utah CCP (as do I), which was honored in Pa. Well low and behold, out State AG just wrote his own law stating Utah CCP would only be honored in Pa. if you are a resident of Utah. Several States (like Florida), are starting to do the same if your not a resident of the State you have a CCP for, they won't honor it. These laws keep changing, that's why the USCCA reciprocity map (available to non members as well), is always a must when I leave the State. They keep that map very well up to date.

Agreed Scott. Pa. use to offer out of State residents the ability to get a Pa. Concealed Carry permit. It slowly stopped issuing them in each county until only a handful of counties would provide them. A buddy from NC. was up and wanted to renew his Pa. CCP and I called my and a few other Counties and asked which ones still provided issues/renewals. There was one Pa. county that RT81 runs through to Maryland that still did it, and since he drove that way back home to NC, he said he might stop. Next time I talked with him he said he blew it off since he also had a Utah CCP (as do I), which was honored in Pa. Well low and behold, out State AG just wrote his own law stating Utah CCP would only be honored in Pa. if you are a resident of Utah. Several States (like Florida), are starting to do the same if your not a resident of the State you have a CCP for, they won't honor it. These laws keep changing, that's why the USCCA reciprocity map (available to non members as well), is always a must when I leave the State. They keep that map very well up to date.
One of my other reasons for getting my CC license is I have a brother that lives in Flirida, and I wanted to be able to carry when I visit him. I drive there, so not worried about the hassle of flying with a firearm.

Absolutely no American citizen should ever be required to obtain a permit to exercise a constitutional right. That's the basic difference between a 'right' and a 'privilege'.

regards,
jumpinjoe
100% agreed!

In NH the only thing you need to buy or carry is an ID and to pass the criminal background check because constitutional carry is a right!

I have my MD resident, and a PA non-resident, CCWs. I live less than a mile from PA, so I got both (mainly for reciprocity - NOBODY recognizes a MD permit).

I have family in FL, and drive to visit. I plan - next time I'm down - to get a FL permit as well, so I have the whole east coast covered and can drive worry-free. But...SC is a stickler and it looks like they only honor resident permits, not non-resident. I guess I'll have to ask about claiming 'resident' status in FL, since I have a family address there...

For my PA non-resident though, I simply showed them my MD resident permit (they were amazed it even exists!), filled out a form, paid $20 or something, posed for a photo, and walked out with my permit. No live-fire requirement since I did that for my MD permit, and it is an active permit still in effect.

I have my MD resident, and a PA non-resident, CCWs. I live less than a mile from PA, so I got both (mainly for reciprocity - NOBODY recognizes a MD permit).

I have family in FL, and drive to visit. I plan - next time I'm down - to get a FL permit as well, so I have the whole east coast covered and can drive worry-free. But...SC is a stickler and it looks like they only honor resident permits, not non-resident. I guess I'll have to ask about claiming 'resident' status in FL, since I have a family address there...

For my PA non-resident though, I simply showed them my MD resident permit (they were amazed it even exists!), filled out a form, paid $20 or something, posed for a photo, and walked out with my permit. No live-fire requirement since I did that for my MD permit, and it is an active permit still in effect.
It’s great when things work out like they are supposed to.

Was hog hunting in Texas. Went to local rural gas station for more ice. Had gun strapped to hip OWB. No one paid notice or cared. Got pulled over by Sheriff for speeding. Luckily got a warning. He saw the gun on my hip as I started to declare my CC status. He asked if I was hunting. Told him hogs. He said have a good day and good luck on the hogs. Gotta Love Texas !!!

I've already said my piece back in msg #34, but I'll add these two comments regarding the lawsuit. 1st, the lawsuit will most likely never go to court as it's customary in these kinds of cases for the accused (especially deep pockets) to arrange a settlement before it gets to trial. Unfortunate and unfair as it is, the costs of going to court often compares to any judgement and/or fines that the court might levy. By settling out of court, businesses safe tons of money and often much bad publicity.

2nd point is this .... there are already Federal laws against 'straw man' purchases of firearms and I'm thinking if it ever does go to court, a really good pro 2nd amendment attorney should be able to apply that same law to the purchase of ammo and lay the charge back onto the female who made the purchase rather than onto the clerk. However even in a case like that, it's a pretty hard pull to read someone else's mind (the female purchaser) and determine they were deliberately buying for someone not permitted to buy for themselves. In reality she may not have even know he was an illegal, much less not permitted to buy legally.

But any way you cut it, it ain't the clerk's fault unless he knew unconditionally the guy was an illegal and unqualified to purchase.

regards,
jumpinjoe

Back