testtest

Leaving in the morning.

Sld1959

Hellcat
The annual Thanksgiving week hunt is here upon me again. Not quite the same as both dad and Don are gone, I am the last Amigo standing. But the streak must continue, never been home on Thanksgiving in my life. Will be alone until Wens. night when the boys come up.

If I don't get service you gents have a great Thanksgiving.

Thank you gentlemen. Things have come 360. Since Don my best friend and eventual brother in law, started hunting with Dad and I, about 1980, dad was the old guy with two young bucks. He let us have our head and just gently nudged and taught us. Now, they are gone and I am the old man, with Don's sons the young anxious bucks.

Damn that did not take as long as it should have...

Thank you gentlemen. Things have come 360. Since Don my best friend and eventual brother in law, started hunting with Dad and I, about 1980, dad was the old guy with two young bucks. He let us have our head and just gently nudged and taught us. Now, they are gone and I am the old man, with Don's sons the young anxious bucks.

Damn that did not take as long as it should have...
That’s that natural progression of things. You’re blessed to be “the old man”. Have a nice Thanksgiving, raise a glass to your dad and Don, and i hope your hunt is successful.

5f572dcad114f07626120c96ce74ad80-64213678.jpg

The annual Thanksgiving week hunt is here upon me again. Not quite the same as both dad and Don are gone, I am the last Amigo standing. But the streak must continue, never been home on Thanksgiving in my life. Will be alone until Wens. night when the boys come up.

If I don't get service you gents have a great Thanksgiving.
My best to you and for keeping the tradition going, have fun

Not my idea of how to spend Thanksgiving. Will be with family eating a good meal, as I want it to be

But, it's your day, your tradition. Be safe, enjoy, and good luck
In point of fact, I have never ate Thanksgiving dinner at home on Thanksgiving day in my entire life. My dad took me up when I was 6 months old the first time. And we went up every year until he died 2 years ago.

Thanksgiving dinner is the Sunday after Thanksgiving in my family. Have been married 43 years and yes it took a few years before she got used to it.

I will be with the in-laws, not birth family. father-in-law, (MIL passed years ago, never met her), bot brothers-in-law (both single), and 2 out of 3 sisters-in-law, their husbands and their kids. No other way I would want to spend the day. Well, then it would be great if the 3rd sister-in-law and family could be there, but they are missionaries to Africa. Only get to see them every few years.

I find it interesting that so many seem to not want to be with family. Glad I don't have that. But it sounds like it has worked out for everyone and y'all have found other ways to celebrate the day

I will be with the in-laws, not birth family. father-in-law, (MIL passed years ago, never met her), bot brothers-in-law (both single), and 2 out of 3 sisters-in-law, their husbands and their kids. No other way I would want to spend the day. Well, then it would be great if the 3rd sister-in-law and family could be there, but they are missionaries to Africa. Only get to see them every few years.

I find it interesting that so many seem to not want to be with family. Glad I don't have that. But it sounds like it has worked out for everyone and y'all have found other ways to celebrate the day

Well my wife and I had our annual Sat before Thanksgiving prime rib dinner in front of the fireplace, she gets to snack on the leftovers all week. And this coming Sunday the daughter and grandkids will be coming over for Turkey. It's just a different day and since I don't watch sports it's no big issue to swap out Thursday for Sunday.

I love my parents and they are elderly and I don't see them as often as I'd like. Everyone else ? Meh.

And it's not that my family is horrible or dysfunctional or alcoholic, argumentative A holes or anything. I just lean very heavily into misanthropy.

Back