testtest

Let’s see some BBQ

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
All you pit masters out there, whats your favorite to do?
Me, its ribs and smoked hams. Brisket a third.

Cant get enough baby back ribs.

I do a dry rub then add wet sauce at the very end
93E09B26-521A-4800-867F-9B116A862B56.jpeg
1EA8590B-226C-4144-A1FE-83CAD49C14C3.jpeg
FFF3385F-FA14-4270-8505-3D3D8FFBF22A.jpeg

Ribs are good...I'm partial to brisket. If done properly, no sauce needed...that juice makes it plenty moist. I don't order brisket in restaurants anymore...none I've tasted out compares to my own. Same with steaks for that matter...

Restaurant ribs all come slathered in sauce...Id rather they came dry and let me add if needed...I'm getting hungry...

Ribs are good...I'm partial to brisket. If done properly, no sauce needed...that juice makes it plenty moist. I don't order brisket in restaurants anymore...none I've tasted out compares to my own. Same with steaks for that matter...

Restaurant ribs all come slathered in sauce...Id rather they came dry and let me add if needed...I'm getting hungry...
I but the whole tenderloin in bulk and juat cut my steaks how I want them and freeze the rest for later

I am a HUGE FOODIE !!!
F6D8A7B5-FBBF-45B6-8080-82A013D9BBE8.jpeg

I am just huge...and a fan of cooking and food (went to school for it). Nice cuts you got there KF. Since I got a smoker about 5 years ago, the wife has been known to utter, "smoked meat again?"...blasphemy! If it can be cooked on a smoker, I'll do it (mine caps out at 300F however, which limits options). Even the most average meatloaves can become great on a smoker...

Gets too be my problem also! It's hard to eat away from home unless it's something I don't cook, but enjoy eating! Load me up on hot Cajun or Asian food! The hotter the better!!!!!

I do like to barbecue chicken I will do on the propane and hamburgers but for steaks only on the charcoal grill I just got a electric smoker my first one it’s fun I do have a charcoal smoker that I do fish only with but I did a salmon on the electric the other day I don’t know might get rid of the charcoal fish smoker the stuff the electric smoker puts out is pretty awesome the charcoal smoker us a lot of work . Baby backs on the propane comes out great low and slow

C4418A15-78C4-4854-ACE7-3D5AD81747DD.jpeg

And some ribs I did. I think this was the first time I used peach wood, and I really liked the results.

I mainly do shoulders & ribs; occasionally chicken (drumsticks or thighs—everyone likes them, and they stay juicy in the smoker).

Otherwise, I use a gas grill for chops, steaks, brats, burgers…I do a mean grilled breakfast, too. Foil pack some home fries w/onions, bacon or sausages, eggs (usually scrambled).

Pork butts (shoulder) are the easiest, and usually best cuts to smoke. Hard to screw up since they are so forgiving. Whole chickens are pretty easy as well. Briskets take a bit more care through the process, but if done right are by far the best product to come out of a smoker (IMHO). I know ribs are common, done by everyone, but I've had more trouble getting baby back ribs done well in my smoker. Used the 3-2-1, 2-2-1 methods, but still have issues through the years. I think I'm an oddity being able to do a full packer brisket better than ribs on a smoker...

View attachment 24598
And some ribs I did. I think this was the first time I used peach wood, and I really liked the results.

I mainly do shoulders & ribs; occasionally chicken (drumsticks or thighs—everyone likes them, and they stay juicy in the smoker).

Otherwise, I use a gas grill for chops, steaks, brats, burgers…I do a mean grilled breakfast, too. Foil pack some home fries w/onions, bacon or sausages, eggs (usually scrambled).
Nice griddle for breakfast and breakfast tacos
6D199E45-07C3-4FDF-8320-6084CE0FE62B.jpeg
67736DD6-2E80-4E8C-A126-A7EC12216C86.jpeg

Pork butts (shoulder) are the easiest, and usually best cuts to smoke. Hard to screw up since they are so forgiving. Whole chickens are pretty easy as well. Briskets take a bit more care through the process, but if done right are by far the best product to come out of a smoker (IMHO). I know ribs are common, done by everyone, but I've had more trouble getting baby back ribs done well in my smoker. Used the 3-2-1, 2-2-1 methods, but still have issues through the years. I think I'm an oddity being able to do a full packer brisket better than ribs on a smoker...
Ribs can dry out quick…
I’m just not a brisket fan due to the cut of meat. Its good, but I can buy filets for the same price

It's a crime how the price of brisket has skyrocketed with the popularity of smokers the last 10 years...let alone the latest inflation we are seeing. Brisket is still not going for $17-20/lb like rib steaks, though...While I like filets, I prefer the fat of a ribeye. Hence my 325lb stature!

KillerFord, I want to see you fold over and eat by hand one of those tacos...

You know baby backs come out real good on a propane barbecue lite you grill like normal but immediately turn off front burner and the middle one just have the back one don’t it get that hot and put two racks on the middle and front of grill fry rib it and cook for about 4 hours slow and low try it

It's a crime how the price of brisket has skyrocketed with the popularity of smokers the last 10 years...let alone the latest inflation we are seeing. Brisket is still not going for $17-20/lb like rib steaks, though...While I like filets, I prefer the fat of a ribeye. Hence my 325lb stature!

KillerFord, I want to see you fold over and eat by hand one of those tacos...
Amen…👍👍👍

Its a half fold to look like a hard shell taco, cause you’re not wrapping it over 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You know baby backs come out real good on a propane barbecue lite you grill like normal but immediately turn off front burner and the middle one just have the back one don’t it get that hot and put two racks on the middle and front of grill fry rib it and cook for about 4 hours slow and low try it
Ribs can be done on darn near any cooking platform.
Key is not to dry them out ..

Back