testtest

Lever Action Rifles In Your Collection,my first and last buys.

ifithitu

Master Class
I got into Lever Action Rifles a couple years ago I have eight now and hope to add a couple more to my collection. Marlin 336W 30-30 & Marlin Model 444.

70413045_2431999873545407_8926987244384813056_n.jpg
72375151_2498506073561453_3527906971820752896_n.jpg

I got into lever actions a few years back, and they quickly became some of my favorites. I actually started with the Mossberg 464 in 30-30 WIN. I had initially decided to buy the Marlin 336, but I like supporting local companies, and Mossberg manufactures the 464 in Texas. I then added a Marlin 1894 in .44 Mag., a Marlin 1894C in .357 Mag, a Henry Big Boy Steel in .357 Mag., and a Henry Big Boy Carbine in .357 Mag.

I still plan to pick up a Marlin 336 when Ruger starts manufacturing them. I had planned for the 336 to be my last levergun purchase, but the new Henry's with the side-loading gates have me very tempted to add a couple to the collection. We'll have to see what my finances allow me to add.

I got into lever actions a few years back, and they quickly became some of my favorites. I actually started with the Mossberg 464 in 30-30 WIN. I had initially decided to buy the Marlin 336, but I like supporting local companies, and Mossberg manufactures the 464 in Texas. I then added a Marlin 1894 in .44 Mag., a Marlin 1894C in .357 Mag, a Henry Big Boy Steel in .357 Mag., and a Henry Big Boy Carbine in .357 Mag.

I still plan to pick up a Marlin 336 when Ruger starts manufacturing them. I had planned for the 336 to be my last levergun purchase, but the new Henry's with the side-loading gates have me very tempted to add a couple to the collection. We'll have to see what my finances allow me to add.
Mossberg assembles the 464 in Texas however all components of the gun are manufactured in North Haven Connecticut including the wood.

Mossberg assembles the 464 in Texas however all components of the gun are manufactured in North Haven Connecticut including the wood.

I also purchased a couple versions of the Maverick 88, which are assembled in the Eagle Pass facility from a mixture of USA and Mexico sourced materials. I have nothing against Connecticut, but I do make an effort to support companies that provide jobs in Texas. I accept that we are part of a worldwide economy, but I try to support the local guys whenever possible.

I also purchased a couple versions of the Maverick 88, which are assembled in the Eagle Pass facility from a mixture of USA and Mexico sourced materials. I have nothing against Connecticut, but I do make an effort to support companies that provide jobs in Texas. I accept that we are part of a worldwide economy, but I try to support the local guys whenever possible.
Yes I’m aware I worked for Mossberg at both the Connecticut and eagle pass locations. I built Mossberg a wood room in Texas to make bolt action gun stocks.
One thing is that all receivers for all of Mossberg firearms are manufactured in Connecticut. Yes everything after that is assembled in Eagle Pass Texas.

Last edited:
Got a plain-jane Marlin 336w a few yrs ago and love it... not too much $$ invested; the kind I can take out and use and not worry about a ding or three.
Also have an interesting Win mod 94: it’s the AE (angle eject) bought in early 90s brand new. Never fired it. Real walnut stock, checkered.

Both the above.in 30-.30. (An under-rated, still useful cartridge imho)...

Like BobM I only have one lever action and it's a Marlin 336C only mine is a 30-30.
These carbines are actually a decent home defense option. Stopping power, 6-7 shots, looks better in front of a jury than a “high capacity military assault rifle” ( in the event an incident came to that unfortunate point).

These carbines are actually a decent home defense option. Stopping power, 6-7 shots, looks better in front of a jury than a “high capacity military assault rifle” ( in the event an incident came to that unfortunate point).
Yes, were partially built for defense.
The other task besides building lever action Ar15's and AK47'S for jury duty?
To paint assault rifles in camo baby blue and pink.... and rebuild those AK47's into 30-30's and other rounds?
Sarcasm intended. :)

Back