testtest

Lever Gun Malfunction?

I recently had a malfunction with my Marlin Original Golden 39M. Unfortunately we have no good Smith's on the island. Is any one familiar with the difficulty of disassembly and assembly of this carbine? It was my dad's passed down to me so I really don't want to send it off for repairs. Especially since I have two firearms sent back to their factory's for repairs already! My M1A SOCOM and my Kimber 10mm! Neither of which I hardly thought would have to be sent back at all when I purchased them. Considering thier reputations! Any info on this Marlin .22LR malfunction Would be greatly appreciated! I've already made 100% sure the magazine, receiver/breach, and chamber are free and clear. IMG_20220501_112448639_HDR.jpgIMG_20220501_112331293_HDR.jpg

I must be blind I do not see anything. What happened and what needs to be disassembled.

I had one Marlin that if you short stroked the lever the hammer would not cock bavk and jam up the rifle. Then you had to slip a thumb under the cover and thumb back the hammer.

Last edited:
I must be blind I do not see anything. What happened and what needs to be disassembled.

I had one Marlin that if you short stroked the lever the hammer would not cock bavk and jam up the rifle. Then you had to slip a thumb under the cover and thumb back the hammer.
You can't see it. I loosend the wrong screw to I cleared the action and two small pieces came loose of the assembly. I had to fish them out of the ejection port with a little wire hook. Then the action closed. Now I have a lever action that needs disassembly and reassembly!

Kodiak, I have found the cheaper the .22 ammo is the dirtier it gets. It doesn't take more than a couple hundred rounds to gum up a .22 action. Some of the dirtiest guns I ever cleaned were .22 rifles.
Agreed. I clean all my 10/22 actions pretty often. The Marlins action has been neglected due to the simple fact that I never knew how to disassemble the carbine. I've swabbed the bore a few times, but that's about it. I don't fire the lever gun that often. However, the Marlins action hasn't been cleaned in probably 20 years! It definitely needed it! Don't think I've ever seen a dirtier rim fire, 😬 but the carbine has always been a fun and accurate gun. A sweet shooter most definitely. Now that it's clean. I can definitely feel that the action is smoother than before. I will never let it get that dirty again now that I'm familiar on how to maintain the arm. Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

Back