testtest

LGS SA Echelon inspection

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Today I visited a LGS and saw they had a repeated SA vid playing on their video screen. Ita was different than the existing U-tube vids so it gave me more info on it. A young sales guy came over & wer looked at the screen & I said it would be nice to see one in person.

Not expecting an example that was just announced he said they had one. He retrieved it from the lowest level in the counter (I would have never noticed it) safety checked it/opened the slide & handed it to me. It was the base 4.5" EC9459B-U model. So here's my observations.

1) the grip shape is very similar to the CZ-P10C which is very comfortable.
2) the U-sights are great,
3) the trigger pull was fine,
4) the slide release was small but easily accessible & positive to drop the slide.
5) the mag release was positive & easy to drop the mag.

We took it apart & it looked very solid inside & like other striker-fired pistols.

It felt very good in the hand (like a CZ P-10C) & the pointability made it easy to get a nice sight picture.

The slide serrations (front & back) were very nice, and like the vids contributed to easy press checks & slide charging.

The top (follower end) of the magazines have a different configuration than the XDm mag, and while XDm mags could be inserted they would not lock in.

The LGS wanted $629 for it, but I could have got it for ~$590 based on a VIP program.

I came away very impressed with the Echelon. If I wasn't very invested in my XDm 5.25 and P-10C 9mm's I would have bought it right there.

My .02

As I said yesterday in another thread SA needs to be more proactive about getting their products more visibility in LGS, at least in my area since they're always on the lowest counter level and hard to see. SA needs to push for more LGS visibility with their distributor/dealer network.

Last edited:
Today I visited a LGS and saw they had a repeated SA vid playing on their video screen. Ita was different than the existing U-tube vids so it gave me more info on it. A young sales guy came over & wer looked at the screen & I said it would be nice to see one in person.

Not expecting an example that was just announced he said they had one. He retrieved it from the lowest level in the counter (I would have never noticed it) safety checked it/opened the slide & handed it to me. It was the base 4.5" EC9459B-U model. So here's my observations.

1) the grip shape is very similar to the CZ-P10C which is very comfortable.
2) the U-sights are great,
3) the trigger pull was fine,
4) the slide release was small but easily accessible & positive to drop the slide.
5) the mag release was positive & easy to drop the mag.

We took it apart & it looked very solid inside & like other striker-fired pistols.

It felt very good in the hand (like a CZ P-10C) & the pointability made it easy to get a nice sight picture.

The slide serrations (front & back) were very nice, and like the vids contributed to easy press checks & slide charging.

The top (follower end) of the magazines have a different configuration than the XDm mag, and while XDm mags could be inserted they would not lock in.

The LGS wanted $629 for it, but I could have got it for ~$590 based on a VIP program.

I came away very impressed with the Echelon. If I wasn't very invested in my XDm 5.25 and P-10C 9mm's I would have bought it right there.

My .02

As I said yesterday in another thread SA needs to be more proactive about getting their products more visibility in LGS, at least in my area since they're always on the lowest counter level and hard to see. SA needs to push for more LGS visibility with their distributor/dealer network.
Yea, all the pics and videos don’t do it justice, Vance’s didn’t disassemble the one I looked at, don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice gun, but I got enough plastic wonders right now unless I come across a heck of a deal…… still the XDm series are still my favorite Springfield guns.

+1... When I go to gunshops many of the medium to larger ones have an entire section or even floor in some cases dedicated to Glocks or Sigs. Also, a lot of LGS are push customers towards those two companies as well. Then you have Glock and Sig reps that visit gunshops to while running free promotions and services.

+1... When I go to gunshops many of the medium to larger ones have an entire section or even floor in some cases dedicated to Glocks or Sigs. Also, a lot of LGS are push customers towards those two companies as well. Then you have Glock and Sig reps that visit gunshops to while running free promotions and services.
In my area it's Glocks, S&W, Sigs & Walthers on top. Then RIA, Taurus, Colt, & CZ. On the bottom shelves is where SA end up for some reason.

At my shop they have quite a few handgun display cases, each has there on section divided into 4 separate areas, there is a S&W section, Colt, Springfield, Kimber, Beretta, Sig and CZ, always full, at least 20 guns per section, so there is always a good example of each manufacturer's guns, there are other sections with more brand name guns, and a several walls full of various rifles from lever action, AR-15's, bolt action and rimfire, always a great variety of guns for every need.
Plus they do online gun sales.

Back