testtest

Life as It Once Was in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never forget my first visit to my brother when he moved to Wyoming after his term in the service.
Coming from Illinois I was amazed how you could show your ID put down your cash and walk out the door with any firearm you wish.
I brought a S&W model 59 in a holster when we walked the field looking for hunting spots and I forgot to take it off when we went into town for lunch then I noticed everyone carried a firearm, those were good times in the 70's.

Even though I was “only” born in 1972, I had a .22 before a bike. Although I lived in a subdivision, it was not uncommon for a group of 5-15 kids with .22 rifles walking down the street headed to the woods. Some on motorcycles and ATCs.

We also got older and drag raced in our high school parking lot.

The old days.

I recall during my high school days (for a time frame graduated in '71), it was not uncommon during hunting season(s) to see trucks in the student parking lot with rifles hanging in a rack in the back window. As far as I know a firearm never went missing or was messed with.

Concerning drive-thru windows at a liquor store, you could get the fixin's (including a cup of ice) at the Jax Liquor store near the Mayport Naval Station, '73-'75 time frame.

I recall during my high school days (for a time frame graduated in '71), it was not uncommon during hunting season(s) to see trucks in the student parking lot with rifles hanging in a rack in the back window. As far as I know a firearm never went missing or was messed with.

Concerning drive-thru windows at a liquor store, you could get the fixin's (including a cup of ice) at the Jax Liquor store near the Mayport Naval Station, '73-'75 time frame.
Meanwhile, I was waiting through the "Drive-thru", at the local Gas Station on my odd or even day (can't remember which). It was also during my high school days of 1969-1973 (oil embargo and such ;))

Yes the good old days. Thing were right. In the mid 80's I would come home from school grab a gun and head to the woods get home right before dark.
We used to take our guns to school with us. Stand them in the corner and put the ammo on a shelf above.
End of school, grab our guns and ammo and head to the dump for some fun plinking.
That was in New York State.....

My grandmother got stopped by a Texas DPS officer back about "75 or so and had a 410 snake charmer poking out from under her seat. The officer noticed the gun and continued too write her the ticket and told her too have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back