testtest

Lincoln County man’s car bursts into flames, says he’s done with EV models

Wow! That would be scary!
what is even worse is that if i recall, many car makers are suggesting those cars be parked outside during charging at the very least.

i'd not be happy, if NOT charging, i'd have to park outside my garage in say the winter time.

the automakers know full darn well, these things can catch fire at any time, yet the car makers and Brandon, are pushing them on us.

another thing too, is he financed it 100%...what a dope.

at the very least a down payment, to cut down on the monthly payments.

he still has to pay the loan, i do believe. the bank did not cause the fire.

No. Not even remotely possible for us to fall for this garbage.
Is it possible, yes it is and I've seen it happen with gas powered vehicles that still had paper plates (used to be 2 weeks before required metal, but not sure how long in Texas before required dates). In Odessa in the mall parking area not far from the dealership (within 1 block) a pt cruiser was on blaze. The vehicle wasn't even running/on at the time when the fire started, it was still in a parking spot. My wife and I witnessed this. Electrical fires happen that doesn't involve a combustible way too often.

Hi,

EV? Let the market decide. When the state gets involved, i.e. Green New Deal, it's bad for everyone especially tax payers.

Golf carts, power tools, lawn mowers, etc, are fine using battery power. I'm not a fan of electric passenger cars for several reasons, economic and environmental.

And that's my profound glimpse into the obvious for today. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

There's little doubt that EVs are in our future. But not yet. Not for many years. The technology just isn't here yet. Power and range are lacking and then there's the whole catching fire thing. :rolleyes:
Maybe in another 10-20 years EVs will be viable, but not now.

Chatting with a fire dept trainer over at the pub, I asked about the state of the art for battling EV fires after hearing about situations where huge amounts of foam or water were used and the scene had to be cordoned off. Apparently the new thing is a "blanket" used to smother and contain the fire. Makes sense as that eliminates thousands of gallons of chemically contaminated water. He said he had no info on what the new blankets were going to cost and wasn't willing to speculate.

My last assigned vehicle was a Fusion hybrid, which I took from about 28K to just under 100k miles. Great vehicle, trouble free, relatively comfortable and the battery assist got it up into the 40mpg range on road trips. I'm totally against battery powered vehicles, based on cost, infrastructure and the ease of instituting draconian control and surveillance on personal transportation. I think mandating higher mpg standards would be a good thing and far more reasonable than trying to eliminate internal combustion engines. I've used CNG fueled vehicles and between CNG & hydrogen, think that is the way we should be heading.

I remember when BHO was running for President and his platform was converting all future private vehicles to CNG. Once he was in office nothing more was said about that....

My daughter's Uber caught on fire yesterday. Oddly, it wasn't an EV.
IMG_20240421_144903.jpg

Back