testtest

Load 22 LR, would you?

This is really a "loading" kit - not a reloading kit. There is nothing in the article about re-use of the 22LR casings. I don't see how you COULD reuse them - they have a nice ding on the edge from being fired, and the primer is burned out of the casing. So you are really just loading brand new pre-primed casings, and tinkering with the load and the bullet.

This is really a "loading" kit - not a reloading kit. There is nothing in the article about re-use of the 22LR casings. I don't see how you COULD reuse them - they have a nice ding on the edge from being fired, and the primer is burned out of the casing. So you are really just loading brand new pre-primed casings, and tinkering with the load and the bullet.
I was wondering about all that myself….

There is a way to reload .22 rimfire (and even make your own priming compound).

It’s serious Mad Max stuff, though.

i haven't even gotten any reloading equipment yet, but this would be a hard no from me as well.

22 lr is dirt cheap in my area. (compared to 9mm and up the calibers).

No.
1st, there is the cost. $70/200 kit for lighter bullets, then dies and I'd need a different powder scale.
2nd, I can't imagine handling those bitty bullets with my ham fisted hands.

It is an interesting idea. But I'm not that interested to fool with it.

Back