testtest

Long Live the Lever Gun: Marlin Celebrates 150 Years

This is my only lever gun. It's a
30-30 Winchester 94 Ranger that I picked up from a guy at work for $400 last year. He only put 3 rounds through it 25 plus years ago and it sat in his safe until I bought it. He included 2 boxes of ammo one of the boxes was missing 3 rounds.
View attachment 4318
Beautiful gun 10mmlife, the straight or better known as the Texas stock was very popular with Winchester.

Little known history on Marlin Firearms.
It was a family owned business with a majority owned by Frank Keena. He had a son that also had a company known as the Marlin Company, he unfortunately had no interest in running the Firearm company however there was a nephew who was involved and was willing to take over due to Frank Keena’s declining health. He unfortunately overdosed on cocaine which led to what many believe as the reason the company was eventually sold.
Please note that at the time of the sale Remington was owned by Cerberus and many believe that if Cerberus had purchased Marlin they would still be located in Connecticut, unfortunately this was not the case.
I would to thank everyone on this site for allowing me to ramble on today about my time with Marlin. When I went to work for them I owned my own business doing home remodeling and was and I guess still am a master carpenter, although those days are long gone I faired better then most getting the chance to continue my work with O.F. Mossberg and eventually building Mossberg a world class gun stock manufacturing facility in Eagle Pass Texas known as Maverick Arms.
I spent 20 years doing what I loved.
Working with wood.
For that I reason I live by this simple phrase.
“If you truly love your job you will never work a day in your life”

It was a family owned business with a majority owned by Frank Keena. He had a son that also had a company known as the Marlin Company, he unfortunately had no interest in running the Firearm company however there was a nephew who was involved and was willing to take over due to Frank Keena’s declining health. He unfortunately overdosed on cocaine which led to what many believe as the reason the company was eventually sold.
Please note that at the time of the sale Remington was owned by Cerberus and many believe that if Cerberus had purchased Marlin they would still be located in Connecticut, unfortunately this was not the case.
I would to thank everyone on this site for allowing me to ramble on today about my time with Marlin. When I went to work for them I owned my own business doing home remodeling and was and I guess still am a master carpenter, although those days are long gone I faired better then most getting the chance to continue my work with O.F. Mossberg and eventually building Mossberg a world class gun stock manufacturing facility in Eagle Pass Texas known as Maverick Arms.
Working with wood.
I would like to hear more about your experiences making guns. Have you thought about writing an article? I'm sure you could create a thread to post it under.

Working with wood.
Great stuff Keystone, very interesting (y)

Not a problem! What works for you?

Works for me for what? They all work for me. For different things. I have to admit though the levers don't get much play these days. Hell the BAR and the Remington 7400 aren't getting much play. I deer hunt with either a bow or a 8.5" unscoped 44 Magnum. Although after getting the KSG25 set up with a Romeo 5 it's going to be tempting to take it out to the tree stand this year. Thing is awesome.

Where's a pic? Of your 30-30.
For you my friend:

The Marlin
7YJPQad.jpg

Close up of the receiver of that NRA Centennial 1894

5lYHRHM.jpg

The 7400

T6HtSBw.jpg

And for good measure, my favorite quail gun. Stevens 12 ga. side by side double

JgqURE6.jpg

Works for me for what? They all work for me. For different things. I have to admit though the levers don't get much play these days. Hell the BAR and the Remington 7400 aren't getting much play. I deer hunt with either a bow or a 8.5" unscoped 44 Magnum. Although after getting the KSG25 set up with a Romeo 5 it's going to be tempting to take it out to the tree stand this year. Thing is awesome.
I have a ksg12, but the what works is reference to your not posting a gun pic!

Back