testtest

Long Range Spotting Scope

KLGunner

Staff member
Hey y’all, I need y’all’s help finding a long range spotting scope. Don’t have a price cap yet but one might come up. Looking for the most bang for the buck. If it has extra features in it that would be awesome. Night vision or infrared would also be amazing. Thanks in advance.

1622941391427.gif

1-800-Skynet…….😲

Hey y’all, I need y’all’s help finding a long range spotting scope. Don’t have a price cap yet but one might come up. Looking for the most bang for the buck. If it has extra features in it that would be awesome. Night vision or infrared would also be amazing. Thanks in advance.
Long range as in ?

It's going to get expensive brother. And the $80 spotting scopes in all the emails I get are not going to cut it. They're fine for 200 yards or less. Not great, but ok.

I’m wanting it to be range from 100-1200 yards if not farther.

I'm hunting for a spotting scope as well. I was just on the other thread about long range shooting and mentioned that I am not a long range guy, but I may be one day and I would like to have a scope that will do it if I need it. Having a reticle seems like a solid idea too. It's not going to be cheap I can tell you that. I will be following this thread as well. :)

Make it easy and use 1 off another rifle or lesser used 1?

I tried that. For starters you either need to remove the scope from the rifle and have something to set it on or you need another rest for the whole rifle. Also the scopes on my deer rifles are all pretty pedestrian. I did recently discover that my $50 rangefinder has an adjustable eyepiece and will do a fairly decent job of it at least out to 100 yards.

Is a few here:

And a good recent article:

Here’s the next question:

Are you going to be backpacking it, or or doing a rough-country hunt where ounces=pounds and pounds=pain?

Because a full-size spotting scope will suck. Way too bulky & heavy.

Buddy has a Kowa compact he takes elk hunting out west. Swears by it.

Here’s the next question:

Are you going to be backpacking it, or or doing a rough-country hunt where ounces=pounds and pounds=pain?

Because a full-size spotting scope will suck. Way too bulky & heavy.

Buddy has a Kowa compact he takes elk hunting out west. Swears by it.

Honestly I didn’t take that into consideration. For me weight isn’t much of an issue but if smaller and lighter can do the same thing. Then I’m all game.

Back