testtest

Look what followed me home today

youngolddude

Professional
Shown together with my 911. Feels nice in hand, easy to rack, ambi safety, metal construction and Condition 1 capable. Trigger is heavy, but not enough to bug me. This is my last purchase, honest. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• processed-92b6ad69-f1fe-483f-b825-99b3d2667ccc_nF0HOG3t.jpeg
    processed-92b6ad69-f1fe-483f-b825-99b3d2667ccc_nF0HOG3t.jpeg
    645 KB · Views: 108
  • CSX.jpg
    CSX.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 110
Shown together with my 911. Feels nice in hand, easy to rack, ambi safety, metal construction and Condition 1 capable. Trigger is heavy, but not enough to bug me. This is my last purchase, honest. :rolleyes:
I’ve been eyeing the CSX! You’ll have to fill us in on how it performs. I read mixed things about the trigger. More specifically the reset. For some it’s no big deal, others will wait for gen 2. I like the idea of the 1911’ish controls and ambi safety. I bounce back and forth between the CSX and the Shield Plus.
Enjoy it!

I don't do the reset thing many purport to be so important. Pull and release, that's me. I'd probably f it up when I needed the next shot in the worst way. I'll see if I can get to the range soon. I have a few I want to test and compare.

I don't do the reset thing many purport to be so important. Pull and release, that's me. I'd probably f it up when I needed the next shot in the worst way. I'll see if I can get to the range soon. I have a few I want to test and compare.
I use the reset at the range and during training. In reality, if i needed to use my gun in a life and death situation i’m pretty sure ‘finding the reset’ would be the least if my concerns!
Looking forward to hearing about the CSX.

There are been some reports indicating that after 500 rounds or so the false reset disappeared.
I also found some threads from tinkerers/gunsmiths who have figured out the cause of the reset. Quotes from two different posts:

"Pay attention to the firing pin block safety. Its where the false reset is coming from. The trigger safety does NOT hinder performance. Easily fixed if your handy. Or understand how it all works. Some say it works itself out(metal lever rides on plastic block with sharp breaks) I am impatient and fixed it the way it should have been."

"Took the abrupt angles off my firing pin block plunger and lever with 400 grit paper. Zero false reset now."

For me, I'll probably wait for the Gen 2 or Pro Series versions of the CSX. One of friends bought one and has let me fire it numerous times. Nice shooting pistol, and I would buy it, but for the reset which caught me a couple of times.

It's not only about the next shot brother. I ain't no guru, but the split second after the trigger press is pretty crucial to accuracy. Immediately pulling your finger off the trigger "Can" lead to trigger slap and form bad habits. Not to mention the fact that with a striker gun if you don't take up the slack before taking your shot your accuracy will definitely suffer. It goes against everything every marksmanship instructor will ever teach you. That said, it doesn't negate your lack of concern about excessive reset, which is really irrelevant to accuracy as long as you are taking up the pre travel before breaking your shot.

I have a CSX and probably 300 rounds through it. Ive only shot it out to 15 yards and Ive had no issues with mine whatsoever. I do shoot to reset on my handguns and I can say this pistol does take some time to get used to it. Reliability was great no hiccups and accuracy was spot on but again I only shot out to 15 yards because I bought it as an off-duty concealed weapon. Before buying this one I was alternating between a Glock 48 and SA hellcat for my off duty conceal carry. Still havent shot the CSX enough yet to feel totally confident with it for carry yet. I usually go up to 1000 rounds before I carry any weapon concealed. But with the current price of ammo and time to get to the range it may take some time.

I’ve been eyeing the CSX! You’ll have to fill us in on how it performs. I read mixed things about the trigger. More specifically the reset. For some it’s no big deal, others will wait for gen 2. I like the idea of the 1911’ish controls and ambi safety. I bounce back and forth between the CSX and the Shield Plus.
Enjoy it!
Uber reliable S&W. You can drive a tank over my 9mm Shield and it shoots. But, typical S&W - triggers suck. I know someone that just bought one of their new 10mm. Trigger felt like it was packed with sand. Has already sent it our for an upgraded trigger.

Uber reliable S&W. You can drive a tank over my 9mm Shield and it shoots. But, typical S&W - triggers suck. I know someone that just bought one of their new 10mm. Trigger felt like it was packed with sand. Has already sent it our for an upgraded trigger.
I have a full size M&P9 M2. I changed out the trigger for an Apex. World of difference. I really like my M&P. I've shot just about everything through it without fail. I do like the trigger on the new Shield Plus though, which is why I lean toward the Shield over the CSX. Then I lean back toward the CSX because of the metal frame and ambi safety. I have time yet before I make a choice.

I have a Shield 1.0 9mm, a 2.0 9mm, a .45 Shield and the Shield Plus, so I guess I'm a fan of S&W. I find them to be soft shooting and accurate. My next range trip will include the Plus, the CSX and two other brands with 200 rounds of 124 gr. range ammo. I won't be able to try a crapload of various fmj and hp's, but just a basic test for initial reliability, accuracy and comfort. I wish I had 4 or 5 shooters to go with for their impressions, but it will ultimately determine what I like and what I can dispose of.

I have a Shield 1.0 9mm, a 2.0 9mm, a .45 Shield and the Shield Plus, so I guess I'm a fan of S&W. I find them to be soft shooting and accurate. My next range trip will include the Plus, the CSX and two other brands with 200 rounds of 124 gr. range ammo. I won't be able to try a crapload of various fmj and hp's, but just a basic test for initial reliability, accuracy and comfort. I wish I had 4 or 5 shooters to go with for their impressions, but it will ultimately determine what I like and what I can dispose of.
I’d like to hear what you have to say about comparing the Plus to the CSX. Have a good range day.

I have a full size M&P9 M2. I changed out the trigger for an Apex. World of difference. I really like my M&P. I've shot just about everything through it without fail. I do like the trigger on the new Shield Plus though, which is why I lean toward the Shield over the CSX. Then I lean back toward the CSX because of the metal frame and ambi safety. I have time yet before I make a choice.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I do really like my Shield - except for the trigger. Has taken a lot to get used to. Compared to my XD 45 Tactical or my H&K VP40, the S&W leaves me wanting. Even my Walther PPS 9mm is a great gun to shoot, for a micro-Tupperware. Very accurate. Great trigger.

Back