testtest

Looking at a new Range Officer 1911 5"

New to posting here but I've been a long time reader. I'm looking at buying a Range Officer 5" in either 9mm or 45 ACP. Anyone with thoughts/information on the gun in either caliber would be appreciated.

I think either one would be a great gun, just depends on which caliber you prefer and probably what’s available now.

I base purchases like this on what I intend to do with the gun. If I plan to use a 1911 more as a range toy or display piece, then anything other than .45 acp just feels wrong. If I were actually going to use a 1911 as my EDC, then I would be tempted to go with the 9mm due to the increased capacity. From what I have heard, both options are excellent guns.

New to posting here but I've been a long time reader. I'm looking at buying a Range Officer 5" in either 9mm or 45 ACP. Anyone with thoughts/information on the gun in either caliber would be appreciated.
I just purchased a Stainless Steel Range Officer Target in 9mm and it is a fantastic pistol. It easily shoots as accurately as my Sig X5 Legion with a Deltapoint Pro red dot. It's super easy on the eye, has a very good trigger and the recoil is like landing on a down pillow. Some of these other guys on here with hands like plates of meat will tell you a 1911 not chambered in .45 is heresy, but I'm here to tel you otherwise.

But more importantly, as PeglegJoe said - "If you find one...get it." I agree, no matter the caliber you won't go wrong.

Btw, my RO is a range toy. I've got a .45 1911 as well, but my business gun is a Sig 226 Legion.

I have one in .45 and it really makes me look like a shooter,it has been flawless with anything I feed it.
When things calm down I want to get one in 9mm, only because I don't have one.

IMG_20180122_125735306 (1).jpg

Get which one you prefer as long as it’s 45 ACP...I’m kidding. I know ammo is an issue now but I am finding it in my local stores, here and there in both calibers. If you prefer a 9mm get the 9, if you prefer the .45 go with the .45. It’s a fantastic pistol either way you go.

Thanks for the information. I have 2 local stores where they can order one for me and a buddy who has his FFL. One way or another I should be able to get my hands on one. I don't really care if it's in 9 or 45, I have both in my inventory, but I'm also thinking about what caliber I'll be able to get my hands on in the future. I have tried out the trigger in a local store and its light and crisp. Hopefully when all of this craziness is over I'm hoping we can see fully stocked ammo shelves at the local gun store.

Back