testtest

Looking For Information On Older Konica Minolta Cameras

I have an older Konica Minolta Dimage Z5 digital camera that I’m getting a
“Unable to use Card” warning when installing a new memory card.
Any help with information on this would be appreciated.

Are you using a modern memory card? Some older devices have a maximum allowable memory compatibility with the device.

Most modern SanDisk memory cards come with a lot more memory than they did even 5 years ago so that maybe the issue.

This used to be an issue with cellphones where you couldn't exceeded the allowable memory with an SD card and maybe the same issue with the camera.

Are you using a modern memory card? Some older devices have a maximum allowable memory compatibility with the device.

Most modern SanDisk memory cards come with a lot more memory than they did even 5 years ago so that maybe the issue.
That is one issue I’m trying to find out about, ie size of the card, 1gig, 2gig or just a 512mb. The other is using a micro SD with adapter or a reg SD card.

And to add; this camera although in mint condition is over 18 years old.

That is one issue I’m trying to find out about, ie size of the card, 1gig, 2gig or just a 512mb. The other is using a micro SD with adapter or a reg SD card.

And to add; this camera although in mint condition is over 18 years old.
Unfortunately I'm not a camera guy but I have encountered the SD card issue in the past.

Unfortunately I'm not a camera guy but I have encountered the SD card issue in the past.
Well I spent hours on the phone today after receiving a 2gig micro sd card from Amazon and got the same message I was receiving with a very large (32gig micro card) I’m returning what’s not working and ordered a 512mb card (not micro) to see if that works.
I’m also looking into firmware updates.

1. Make sure you are using an SD card. A more recent card in an SD adapter should work, but may not. You never know.
2. That's a 5 megapixel camera, so a 1 gb card would hold 400 pictures on average. I don't think the size of the card should matter too much. The 512 mg card you ordered would hold ~200 pics.
3. When using a card that's been in another device, the proprietary storage system may not recognize the format of the card. Go through the menu and try reformatting the card in the camera, and that may do the trick.
Hope this helps!

Go through the menu and try reformatting the card in the camera, and that may do the trick.
That's what I was thinking, formatted somehow.
I do agree that in this instance smaller may be better. Back when that camera was made 2gb was HUGE and expensive. The early cards were just SD.

Last edited:
Back