testtest

Looking to red dot everything I own that won't take a LPVO

Weren’t you less than thrilled about the small window on the SCS ?
I wasn’t initially keen on the size of the window but got over it because the window presented itself well. I still run a an SRO sized red dot on one of my standard VP9s. I 86s the SCS because I don’t like the auto brightness feature and the single dot being fuzzy on mine. Circle Dot looks crisp but I don’t like that reticle and it is always so bright it distracts from what I’m aiming at.

I wasn’t initially keen on the size of the window but got over it because the window presented itself well. I still run a an SRO sized red dot on one of my standard VP9s. I 86s the SCS because I don’t like the auto brightness feature and the single dot being fuzzy on mine. Circle Dot looks crisp but I don’t like that reticle and it is always so bright it distracts from what I’m aiming at.
The auto brightness feature on the SCS is much better than it is on the 507c or 507k.

That must be pretty good because the 507c keeps up with desert brightness.
507c on auto mode has several times been far too dim in just midwest sunshine. Or facing an incandescent lightbulb. And I don’t just have a bad one. If I do then I must have several bad ones. Plus they’re glitchy. Mine are all set on the brightness level I prefer in daylight. The SCS is much better.

507c on auto mode has several times been far too dim in just midwest sunshine. Or facing an incandescent lightbulb. And I don’t just have a bad one. If I do then I must have several bad ones. Plus they’re glitchy. Mine are all set on the brightness level I prefer in daylight. The SCS is much better.
Agree about the SCS... and this whole thing is getting expensive. First I changed out all my things for things that would take optics, then I started changing all the optics to Greens... whats next jeez.

Agree about the SCS... and this whole thing is getting expensive. First I changed out all my things for things that would take optics, then I started changing all the optics to Greens... whats next jeez.
I started out in rifles and shotguns with Romeo 5s, then switched them to 510 or 512Cs. All red. When I got my first pistol dot it was a 507C green and all my subsequent pistol dots have been 507C or K in green except the SCS.

I do like green better than red but not so much that I’m switching out all the 510/512s. Going forward though they’ll all be green.

I wonder why our experiences are so different? I've got three of them (two green, one red) and they never wash out.

Back