testtest

Louisville KY Competing with Chicago in Gun Related deaths.

So I woke up this morning to news of 6 separate shootings contributing to 3 deaths in Louisville Ky in the early morning hours. This is following the Mayor and current interim LMPD Police Chief refusing to answer questions from the city’s council on police policy reform and the current lack of transparency in the protests that have basically taken over the city for months and yet all we continue to hear is let’s disarm law abiding citizens. Luckily this situation has not come close to where I live but believe Me my eyes are always wide open. Even yesterday while working on my truck in the apartment parking lot I was carrying.
To me that says a lot.
I’m sorry but I’ll keep my guns

I totally understand where you're coming from. I understand completely what you are saying and that you made no actual claims that Louisville is technically in competition with Chicago for gun deaths. Nevertheless I gotta point out that A) Chicago doesn't even break the top 10 and B) Louisville is a lot further down the list than that.

Here in St. Louis shootings are only a blip on the news radar. One night last week we actually had an entire day with no shootings, murders or car-jackings. THAT made all the local news channels in a pretty big way. It's not at all uncommon for us to have 14 shootings and 7 dead on any given day. Per capita St. Louis is the undisputed heavy weight champion of gun murders and has been for several years.

Murder rate comparison per 100,000 people:

Louisville, Ky. - 12.8

St. Louis, Mo. - 60.9

That’s crazy. Until these Mayors and the Cheif Of Police, from everywhere takes control of what’s right and stops trying to, what’s that word I’m looking for....appeasing the protester and the cry babies and the don’t touch me I’m recording you. It’s going to continue to happen all over, because they want to make sure they are pampered and not hurt in any way. Good on you for carrying because if you need help, they may be to afraid to offer, and I don’t blame them.

Not really. Most of then won’t be too afraid. Just making a point.

Many years ago before Missouri had ANY right to carry there was a proposition on the ballot to introduce concealed carry to the state ( it ultimately failed and a few years later the republican super majority in the legislature passed it without a popular vote) I asked a lot of different police officers what they thought about it. In the STL area at the time it was not popular with cops. I probably asked 10-15 different officers what they thought and they all opposed it. Down in southern Missouri in the counties where I deer hunt it was a totally different story. Now down in rural, southern Missouri people are poor. They are mostly democrats because they like their gubmint assistance. Even the cops are democrats. They are overwhelmingly pro gun though. It just so happened that I knew about 4 different sheriffs from different counties down there where I have family and family ground to hunt. These cops all supported it, but one in particular said something that stuck with me and to this day sums up my opinion on the matter. After telling me that he thinks all new cars should come standard with a glock hanging off the steering column, I asked the sheriff of Reynolds County Missouri if he supported Prop B ( Concealed Carry). He said, " Well Bob, you carry a gun already don't you?" To which I answered in the affirmative. Then he says, " Then you don't need a law do you?".

Baltimore, #2. Woo-hoo.

While we may have a R governor...we are still infected...er, influenced by proximity to DC with a LOT of highly-D areas and counties (including the City of Baltimore). Google "Montgomery County" if you want to see a vivid, disgusting example of those policies at work.

We are a "may-issue" state that requires a "good and substantial reason" for a carry permit - business owner, cash deposits, court-proven threats against safety. As a business owner, I have my permit - a "wear and carry" permit that does not legally distinguish between concealed or open carry - and I am one of the few who do carry in our state. Our process is....cumbersome, to say the least, and it is all funneled through a 3 man review board.

All that explains why, when I went to PA to get a non-resident permit (I live a stones-throw from PA and do most of my shopping there because that's closer than the nearest stores in MD)...they looked at me like I was a unicorn. "You HAVE a Maryland permit??"

I carry daily...but you bet your a$$ I've got not only my XD-s but also plenty of spare ammo on my belt, in case I have to go to Baltimore. I'm a late-40s white male...I *AM* the enemy down there, and I avoid that city like the plague. But, sometimes, work forces me to go...so I go prepared.

Any friends I have, or customers/acquaintences, who are LEOs and know I carry? Are glad to see it. They know I've got their back, and welcome all the help they can get in today's political climate.

They were doing an aerial search near my house in western Maryland a couple years ago (a no-fly zone since I live close to...um...close to where Camp David is rumored to be located ;) - so when there's aircraft overhead, we know something's up). My neighbors and I were in their yard, which gives a good view of both their property and mine. I was wearing my pistol; Kevin was wearing his; Kelly was leaning on her shotgun, and we were just standing and chatting. Sheriff pulled up, got out, eyed us...and asked "see anything?" "No sir, just keeping an eye out". "Call us if you do see anything?" "Absolutely. Before? Or...after?" The sheriff grinned from ear to ear, and just hopped back into his car as he wished us a good evening.

For contrast, one day I was working in Montgomery County, 60 minutes from home, and had a city cop stop me - during a concert I was running at the time - and say "someone saw you have a gun on your hip" (I guess I bent over to pick up some equipment and my shirt lifted enough to let the baseplate peek out - you will remember, MD does not distinguish between concealed or open carry so I am not legally required to conceal), and I had to go through the whole "yes, officer, I have my permit here in my wallet and as you can see I am working at the moment...". In the middle of a concert that I control. With a moderate crowd (small city park) of about 5,000 people.

60 minutes from home.

Worlds apart.

Baltimore, #2. Woo-hoo.

While we may have a R governor...we are still infected...er, influenced by proximity to DC with a LOT of highly-D areas and counties (including the City of Baltimore). Google "Montgomery County" if you want to see a vivid, disgusting example of those policies at work.

We are a "may-issue" state that requires a "good and substantial reason" for a carry permit - business owner, cash deposits, court-proven threats against safety. As a business owner, I have my permit - a "wear and carry" permit that does not legally distinguish between concealed or open carry - and I am one of the few who do carry in our state. Our process is....cumbersome, to say the least, and it is all funneled through a 3 man review board.

All that explains why, when I went to PA to get a non-resident permit (I live a stones-throw from PA and do most of my shopping there because that's closer than the nearest stores in MD)...they looked at me like I was a unicorn. "You HAVE a Maryland permit??"

I carry daily...but you bet your a$$ I've got not only my XD-s but also plenty of spare ammo on my belt, in case I have to go to Baltimore. I'm a late-40s white male...I *AM* the enemy down there, and I avoid that city like the plague. But, sometimes, work forces me to go...so I go prepared.

Any friends I have, or customers/acquaintences, who are LEOs and know I carry? Are glad to see it. They know I've got their back, and welcome all the help they can get in today's political climate.

They were doing an aerial search near my house in western Maryland a couple years ago (a no-fly zone since I live close to...um...close to where Camp David is rumored to be located ;) - so when there's aircraft overhead, we know something's up). My neighbors and I were in their yard, which gives a good view of both their property and mine. I was wearing my pistol; Kevin was wearing his; Kelly was leaning on her shotgun, and we were just standing and chatting. Sheriff pulled up, got out, eyed us...and asked "see anything?" "No sir, just keeping an eye out". "Call us if you do see anything?" "Absolutely. Before? Or...after?" The sheriff grinned from ear to ear, and just hopped back into his car as he wished us a good evening.

For contrast, one day I was working in Montgomery County, 60 minutes from home, and had a city cop stop me - during a concert I was running at the time - and say "someone saw you have a gun on your hip" (I guess I bent over to pick up some equipment and my shirt lifted enough to let the baseplate peek out - you will remember, MD does not distinguish between concealed or open carry so I am not legally required to conceal), and I had to go through the whole "yes, officer, I have my permit here in my wallet and as you can see I am working at the moment...". In the middle of a concert that I control. With a moderate crowd (small city park) of about 5,000 people.

60 minutes from home.

Worlds apart.

Seems to be a recurring theme. I live in a rural area one county away from St. Louis county. I'm about 40 miles from St. Louis proper. Pretty much the same thing you describe except these days Missouri is a constitutional carry state so there are no problems carrying in the city. STL is F'ed. I work on the streets of N. St. Louis which is where nearly 100% of the murders happen. City cops used to be exactly the way you describe Baltimore cops, but these days they are totally on board with us regular folks carrying. In fact they encourage it.

I'm sure the forum gods might have an issue with my opinion, but cities need to let law enforcement do their jobs.
In Chicago the DA releases gun offenders before the ink is dry.
I don't have an issue with stop and frisk or break-up large groups hanging on the corners, but I am sure those self made reverends will always claim profiling and the some officers will hang back so not to become the latest blm u-tube video.

I'm sure the forum gods might have an issue with my opinion, but cities need to let law enforcement do their jobs.
In Chicago the DA releases gun offenders before the ink is dry.
I don't have an issue with stop and frisk or break-up large groups hanging on the corners, but I am sure those self made reverends will always claim profiling and the some officers will hang back so not to become the latest blm u-tube video.

In STL the racist circuit clerk ( City prosecutor) who has 140 unsolved murders out of 155 total because she refuses to prosecute any black criminals who were arrested by white cops, was just re-elected by a large margin last night. If you have some time to waste google " Kim Gardner". She's a Soros bankrolled prosecutor just like the one in Baltimore.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I understand completely what you are saying and that you made no actual claims that Louisville is technically in competition with Chicago for gun deaths. Nevertheless I gotta point out that A) Chicago doesn't even break the top 10 and B) Louisville is a lot further down the list than that.

Here in St. Louis shootings are only a blip on the news radar. One night last week we actually had an entire day with no shootings, murders or car-jackings. THAT made all the local news channels in a pretty big way. It's not at all uncommon for us to have 14 shootings and 7 dead on any given day. Per capita St. Louis is the undisputed heavy weight champion of gun murders and has been for several years.

Murder rate comparison per 100,000 people:

Louisville, Ky. - 12.8

St. Louis, Mo. - 60.9

Please understand I used Chicago as just a city in general, totally get it that Louisville is not close but it seams to be trying to be.

cities need to let law enforcement do their jobs.

A-MEN.

Stop protecting the criminals.

Stop blaming the cops.

If you do something wrong, the cops notice you. If you don't do something wrong...they don't notice you.

Criminals made the choice. They chose to do something wrong. It isn't the cop's fault when they get caught - it's THEIRS, for making the choice in the first place!

I live in the Louisville cess pool, NOBODY will even attempt to stop anyone from doing anything. PERIOD! Made the mistake of looking at the evening news, NBC affiliate, They showed live video, saying they think maybe there is a fire starting at one of the entrances to the Hall of Justice building. They would not commit to there being a fire, but the reporter and camera man were seeing what looked something like flames coming from that area of the building. I was watching the live broadcast, there were about 50 protesters, they had a bonfire going in the court yard of the HOJ building, I watched 3 different people light molitove cocktails and throw them onto the doorway of the burning building. The reporter said they would get back to the news desk if they found any further information about a possible fire. Last week Louisville hosted a visit by ANTIFA, busloads of armed a-holes protesting in our city. During one rest stop in a courtyard, the protesters were all kneeling in a big group. One of the protesters dropped his AR15, from a kneeling position, I've seen the video footage of the live event, One drop from a kneeling position and the AR fired 5 times. 3 people were shot and rushed to the hospital. It was just an accident and nothing more was said about it. DROPPED 18" and fired 5 rounds, that thing couldn't have any kind of recoil spring in it.

I live in the Louisville cess pool, NOBODY will even attempt to stop anyone from doing anything. PERIOD! Made the mistake of looking at the evening news, NBC affiliate, They showed live video, saying they think maybe there is a fire starting at one of the entrances to the Hall of Justice building. They would not commit to there being a fire, but the reporter and camera man were seeing what looked something like flames coming from that area of the building. I was watching the live broadcast, there were about 50 protesters, they had a bonfire going in the court yard of the HOJ building, I watched 3 different people light molitove cocktails and throw them onto the doorway of the burning building. The reporter said they would get back to the news desk if they found any further information about a possible fire. Last week Louisville hosted a visit by ANTIFA, busloads of armed a-holes protesting in our city. During one rest stop in a courtyard, the protesters were all kneeling in a big group. One of the protesters dropped his AR15, from a kneeling position, I've seen the video footage of the live event, One drop from a kneeling position and the AR fired 5 times. 3 people were shot and rushed to the hospital. It was just an accident and nothing more was said about it. DROPPED 18" and fired 5 rounds, that thing couldn't have any kind of recoil spring in it.
Nice to know I’ve got backup close by papadan. Remember I’ve got your back as well.

My take is the Mayor needs to go, he is doing NOTHING but coddling to the protesters just to make himself look compassionate but yet is totally forgetting the rest of the city.

It’s really starting to get scary anymore with all thsee riots, defund police and crap going on. I just can’t see, why the bigger cities think defunding or abolishing the police is going to be a good thing. Ok, no police, crime will skyrocket, murders will rise, everything goes to h*ll, but the city leaders will still have armed guards, while we, the law abiding will see more gun restrictions or no guns at all, Armageddon has arrived!

Someone pointed out on Fox News the other night - "sure, if you're a Sports Guy, let me put it in a way you understand. If your team is doing poorly, if you want it to get better, you spend MORE money on your team. You train more. You add qualified players. You get better equipment. So, why are we doing the opposite for our police?"

Someone pointed out on Fox News the other night - "sure, if you're a Sports Guy, let me put it in a way you understand. If your team is doing poorly, if you want it to get better, you spend MORE money on your team. You train more. You add qualified players. You get better equipment. So, why are we doing the opposite for our police?"
Totally correct assessment Peglegjoe, I’ve been thinking the same thing. Granted I believe some officers won’t make it through a re-assessment or re-training regimen but that would create a positive outcome.

Just saw another commercial on TV. A big sign and an announcer saying "All lives don't matter, until black lives matter" I'm going to order myself a T shirt that says " MY LIFE MATTERS" To hell with you!

Back