testtest

lubrication of new 9mm Range Officer Elite

Greetings from the Great Lakes State. Awaiting the arrival of my new Range Officer Elite and wondering what folks are using for lubrication? Any input is appreciated. Everyone stay safe, shoot straight, and check six!

I use plain ol RemOil. I’d stay away from from Frog Lube. It works fine as a lubricant but know a couple of people who have had it seize up their firearms when they went unused for a while.

Well first I would give it a good cleaning. Before anything else. Here are the cleaners that I use.
IMG_20200610_080415730.jpg

And here is the oil I use to lubricate mine with. I found this oil does not burn off and keeps your weapon lubricated longer.
IMG_20200610_080501543.jpg

For years and years I've used Hoppe's #9 bore cleaner for cleaning and Rem Oil for lubrication. That spans many rifles and handguns going back quite a while, no issues with either product. CLP also seems to work well, I have a few cans in storage but Hoppe's seems to work just as well. A good, reliable cleaning kit is a good thing to invest in also.

1591795991579.png

1591796032537.png

Good to know
Starting using Frog Lube a short time ago. Probably go back to Hoppes and Rem. Though my firearms get shot regularly
Yeah both guys had safe queens that sat between 6-9 months. Certainly not long enough for something like that to happen. My XD sub has sat in its case under my bed for almost 2 years. Brought it out to take pics for Armslist and rails were still wet. Rem Oil

Back