testtest

Luger Family Photo

Recusant

Hellcat
As I am recuperating for open heart surgery I got motivated today to oil and inspect members of my Luger family. All five decades of Luger production are represented here. The three on the left were manufactored at DWM: a 1906 altered safety navy, a 1917, and a 1920s alphabet Luger. The last two on the bottom right were made at Mauser: a 1938 S/42 code and an end of production BYF code 42. All are 9mm except the the alphabet Luger which is chambered for the 7.65 Luger. And no, none of them get to go to the range for fear that a part would break and I'd end up which an expensive paper weigth.
Luger Family.JPG

As I am recuperating for open heart surgery I got motivated today to oil and inspect members of my Luger family. All five decades of Luger production are represented here. The three on the left were manufactored at DWM: a 1906 altered safety navy, a 1917, and a 1920s alphabet Luger. The last two on the bottom right were made at Mauser: a 1938 S/42 code and an end of production BYF code 42. All are 9mm except the the alphabet Luger which is chambered for the 7.65 Luger. And no, none of them get to go to the range for fear that a part would break and I'd end up which an expensive paper weigth.
View attachment 36031
Awesome collection…you can will me the one with the longer barrel please…I’ll be glad to send contact information if you like!

Very very nice, hope your recovery stays smooth sailing.
It's been 3 weeks since the surgery. My chest is still sore, but I haven't taken any pain meds so far this week. My issue now is trying to stay out of AFIB. The meds that the doc gave me to correct that has left tired, weak,and in a fog. Also my vision seems affected, and I'm not sleeping that well at night. Other than that I'm a happy camper just to be here. The nurse from the Hospital Valve Clinic will call tomorrow and perhaps some changes will be made. As each day goes by I enjoy reading the posts on the forum. Keep them coming, and thanks.

Last edited:
Awesome collection…you can will me the one with the longer barrel please…I’ll be glad to send contact information if you like!
I got that from the vet who brought it back along with both bring-back papers. He told me that he won it in a poker game while waiting for his ticket home. It has that been there look which is okay for a 117 year old Navy. Early in its life it was the property of the Second Torpedo Divison.

It's a shame you don't shoot them...even a little bit...once in a while...YOLO...can't take 'em with you...

I've always been fascinated by that Luger slide action.

My buddy has a 1918-made Colt 1911, and he will never shoot it. Brings a tear to my eye.

Love your collection though!

My buddy has a 1918-made Colt 1911, and he will never shoot it. Brings a tear to my eye.

Love your collection though!
WWI Colts didn't have hardened slides and were prone to crack at the slide stop. If I remember correctly Colt didn't harden the entire slide until the end of WWII production. It's best that he save up for a modern 1911 that he can shoot until his heart is content.

It's been 3 weeks since the surgery. My chest is still sore, but I haven't taken any pain meds so far this week. My issue now is trying to stay out of AFIB. The meds that the doc gave me to correct that has left tired, weak,and in a fog. Also my vision seems affected, and I'm not sleeping that well at night. Other than that I'm a happy camper just to be hear. The nurse from the Hospital Valve Clinic will call tomorrow and perhaps some changes will be made. As each day goes by I enjoy reading the posts on the forum. Keep them coming, and thanks.
Glad to hear it's going so well. Just remember lots of little baby steps still get you to the same place as running. The nurse and Dr will have likely seen everything you are experiencing hundreds of times and will get you dialed in quickly.

Rest and take it easy and heal.

It's been 3 weeks since the surgery. My chest is still sore, but I haven't taken any pain meds so far this week. My issue now is trying to stay out of AFIB. The meds that the doc gave me to correct that has left tired, weak,and in a fog. Also my vision seems affected, and I'm not sleeping that well at night. Other than that I'm a happy camper just to be here. The nurse from the Hospital Valve Clinic will call tomorrow and perhaps some changes will be made. As each day goes by I enjoy reading the posts on the forum. Keep them coming, and thanks.
Happy to hear thet you are on the mend. I’m guessing it will take some time. I hope it is sooner than later that you’re back to doing what you enjoyed doing before the surgery. Who knows, maybe you’ll even bring the Lugers out for a range day! Get better soon.

View attachment 36031
Nice collection! (y)

A friend of mine has a very nice Bern Swiss 06/24 Luger.

Man can I empathize! I left West Texas for North Texas (trees, grass, water) in 2018 healthy as a horse…or so I thought, then along came 2019 and AFIB and cryo/laser surgery…what an absolute bummer!! However, today, I’m as health as a horse again…I think 🤔? At any rate, I’m back to normal activities and having a ball. Wish you the same good fortune!

Nice Luger collection, and congrats on your surgery and good wishes for a full and speedy recovery! ;) (y)

I recently scratched my own "Luger itch" with the Umarex Legends P.08, an AMAZING CO2 replica that's just buttloads of fun to shoot in my basement whenever the mood strikes me. Great fun to watch the authentic toggle monkey-motion in action!

1675359900059.jpeg

Back