testtest

M&P EZ Recall

Thanks for the heads-up. Just checked my EZ's. The mfr dates of the 380EZ and the black EZ9 were not within the critical timeframe. The most recent purchase, the EZ9 FDE, mfr date is within the timeframe listed. I input the serial# to S&W and thankfully it's not included in the recall.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just checked my EZ's. The mfr dates of the 380EZ and the black EZ9 were not within the critical timeframe. The most recent purchase, the EZ9 FDE, mfr date is within the timeframe listed. I input the serial# to S&W and thankfully it's not included in the recall.
It looks like the recall are for the M&P Shield EZ Scott. I'm not sure what caliber models S&W make for the EZ Shield, but from what I interrupted from reading the recall notice I got, it didn't appear to effect the full size 9 or 380 EZ pistols. I don't own any of their EZ pistols but I have several of their full size M&P pistols along with all calibers of their Shields with my Performance Center V1 models. Thankfully, none of these fell into the recall notice either.

It looks like the recall are for the M&P Shield EZ Scott. I'm not sure what caliber models S&W make for the EZ Shield, but from what I interrupted from reading the recall notice I got, it didn't appear to effect the full size 9 or 380 EZ pistols. I don't own any of their EZ pistols but I have several of their full size M&P pistols along with all calibers of their Shields with my Performance Center V1 models. Thankfully, none of these fell into the recall notice either.
All 3 of mine, including the 380, are Shields.

20201124_122453.jpg

From the recall:
"...we have established this Safety Recall as a precautionary measure to ensure that all M&P Shield EZ Pistols in service meet our design specifications.:

Last edited:
All 3 of mine, including the 380, are Shields.

View attachment 12213

From the recall:
"...we have established this Safety Recall as a precautionary measure to ensure that all M&P Shield EZ Pistols in service meet our design specifications.:
My mistake Scott, I know someone on here got the full size 9mm EZ. For some reason I thought it might be you. But as always, it's good to check regardless. My apologizes good Sir.

My mistake Scott, I know someone on here got the full size 9mm EZ. For some reason I thought it might be you. But as always, it's good to check regardless. My apologizes good Sir.
Well upon looking at their website, it looks like the EZ line are all considered "Shield"s. I didn't realize this. I though they had a separate line for their full size M&P's, apparently I was incorrect. Again, my apologizes if I confused or lead anyone astray.

I think all EZ’s are Shields. I almost bought one but it was a touch too big for me.
Yup, my mistake. I too almost bought one, and since it looked to be about the same size as my M&P 9, I thought the EZ models came in both the full size, and then later the Shield models. Looking at their site, it looks like I am mistaken. I have both the M&P 9 version 1 and version 2 full size models. Both are still easy to rack (at least at this point in my life), so I declined the EZ model I had the opportunity to purchase at the LGS a while ago.
But thanks for clearing this up for me @Caro, it's appreciated.

Yup, my mistake. I too almost bought one, and since it looked to be about the same size as my M&P 9, I thought the EZ models came in both the full size, and then later the Shield models. Looking at their site, it looks like I am mistaken. I have both the M&P 9 version 1 and version 2 full size models. Both are still easy to rack (at least at this point in my life), so I declined the EZ model I had the opportunity to purchase at the LGS a while ago.
But thanks for clearing this up for me @Caro, it's appreciated.

I had a M&P 9 mm full size too. Yup, I recall that it was easy to rack. I miss that about it. All of my current guns are downright difficult in comparison. I liked the M&P but ended up trading it for a CZ Rami which I also ended up trading. Even though the EZ is, well, easy (lol) to manipulate and very soft shooting, I haven’t had much luck with the standard version. It seemed that as soon as it got a little dirty, it was jam city. I have been recommending the performance center version to lots of people so I hope that one isn’t affected by the recall.

Well upon looking at their website, it looks like the EZ line are all considered "Shield"s. I didn't realize this. I though they had a separate line for their full size M&P's, apparently I was incorrect. Again, my apologizes if I confused or lead anyone astray.
Is the mind the first thing to go when you get to our age there BET7.......🤣🤣🤣🤣

I had a M&P 9 mm full size too. Yup, I recall that it was easy to rack. I miss that about it. All of my current guns are downright difficult in comparison. I liked the M&P but ended up trading it for a CZ Rami which I also ended up trading. Even though the EZ is, well, easy (lol) to manipulate and very soft shooting, I haven’t had much luck with the standard version. It seemed that as soon as it got a little dirty, it was jam city. I have been recommending the performance center version to lots of people so I hope that one isn’t affected by the recall.
I hear you @Caro, I have the Performance Center (V1) Shields, in 9,40 & 45, and just picked up the Performance Center CORE 2.0 in 9mm. (I also have the CZ RAMI and I like it, but it's a bit heavy to carry especially in the Crossbreed IWB holster model with the single belt clip. So, currently I'm carrying the Hellcat in Crossbreed's Reckoning holster configured for IWB. It's just about right ;).)

I hear you @Caro, I have the Performance Center (V1) Shields, in 9,40 & 45, and just picked up the Performance Center CORE 2.0 in 9mm. (I also have the CZ RAMI and I like it, but it's a bit heavy to carry especially in the Crossbreed IWB holster model with the single belt clip. So, currently I'm carrying the Hellcat in Crossbreed's Reckoning holster configured for IWB. It's just about right ;).)

Does the Rami fit your hand? I loved that gun (I have a thing for all metal guns) but my pinky kept hanging off the grip and it was like I couldn’t get a solid grip.

Does the Rami fit your hand? I loved that gun (I have a thing for all metal guns) but my pinky kept hanging off the grip and it was like I couldn’t get a solid grip.
Yes, it fit fine. My pinky was on the "extended pinky grip" (barely), but I was able to get off shots just fine.

Back