testtest

M1152 & M1153: The Army’s New 9 mm Luger Loads

The older Military M-882 9mm ball ammo
The Cartridge, 9mm, Ball, M882 is approved for service use with the M9 9mm and M11 9mm pistols, both for training and for combat. The ammunition complies with NATO STANAG 4090 test requirements.

The M882 ball 9mm cartridge consists of a brass case, a copper alloy jacketed lead core bullet, a two-piece boxer-type primer, and a double-base propellant. The M882 has a plain bullet tip. The 9mm Luger/Parabellum (9x19mm) has been one of the most popular pistol and submachine gun cartridges in the world, originally developed in 1902 for what became the German Army P-08 9mm Luger. Although over a century old, its recent popularity makes it seem like a newer cartridge than the .45 ACP. The 1985 decision by the United States military to adopt the 9mm Luger cartridge (M882) and M9 Beretta 9mm pistol for service use, caused a major shift in thinking among US law enforcement agencies and private shooters. Previously the .38 Special was dominant with autoloaders focused on the U.S. M1911A1 .45 ACP pistol. Stimulated by the M9 decision, as well as the appearance of a new generation of pistols typified by Glock, there has been an unprecedented surge of interest in the 9mm Parabellum.
The M882 ball cartridge consists of a brass case, a copper alloy jacketed lead core bullet, a two-piece boxer-type primer, and a double-base propellant. M882 NATO ammunition manufactured under U.S. Government contracts by Winchester-Western (Olin Corp.) and Federal has a 112 grain FMJ bullet and provides 385 meters/sec. (1263 fps) muzzle velocity as determined by official military test standards measured at 15 feet from the muzzle. The cartridge weighs 179 gr. in total and is 1.165 inches (29.591 mm) in length. M882 NATO 9mm ammunition carries a headstamp with the maker and year of production--example: WCC 88 stamped on a lot made in 1988 by Western Cartridge Company (Olin's Winchester-Western ammunition division) or FC 86, a 1986 lot by Federal Cartridge. The ammunition also carries the NATO stamp of a circle around a plus sign. M882 has been made with and without a cannelure (groove) around the midsection of the brass case.

A second cartridge has been procured, also called "9mm Ball". It is about 0.1mm longer than the M882, but is not authorized for use in service pistols.

Types Older of U.S. Military 9mm ball Ammunition
  • Cartridge, 9mm, Ball
  • Cartridge, 9mm, Ball, NATO, M882
  • Cartridge, 9mm, High Pressure Test, M905
  • Cartridge, 9mm, Dummy, M917
https://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/pistol/pistol_ammo.html

I ordered Two 500 round boxes of the Winchester Active Duty MHS Ammunition 9mm M1152 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Flat Nose 271.98 shipped good price for target practice ammo. I want to try this on some Feral Hogs with my Ruger PC 9 9mm Rifle with the 16.5 " barrel it has increased velocity and that flat point with work nice in feeding and on the Hog when it impacts on his head.

The Winchester Ammunition was selected to serve as the ammunition supplier for the U.S. Army Modular Handgun System (MHS) program based on their reputation for quality ammo. Winchester proudly developed M1152 to serve alongside the U.S. Warfighter, M1152 delivers the accuracy and reliability required by the MHS program. Use only in modern 9mm firearms in good condition. These cartridges are loaded to military velocity and pressure. The average pressure is 10% to 15% higher than industry standard pressure for 9mm Luger. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer-primed, reloadable brass cases.

Features
  • Loaded to U.S. military M1152 specification for improved cycling and reliability
  • Highly accurate range projectile with engineered profile to ensure reliable feeding
  • Built to exacting specifications for shot-to-shot consistency

Made In United States of America
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022355350

My Winchester Active Duty MHS Ammunition 9mm M1152 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Flat Nose ammo shipped today I can't wait to try it on some Hogs a group of 15 was seen nearby friends property on a trail camera set up over bait . two are huge 300 lbs or better, the rest are average size 100 to 150 one sow has 5 piglets with her not counted as part of the 15. My ladder stand has been up since last August just 50 yards from the bait and they have been eating 5O pounds every 5 days so we will have some action in a target-rich environment. Ruger PC 9 Carbine and the XDM OSP 9MM will be put to work. I will sit the stand in daylight to video the hunt. and I will sit the stand at night and use my night vision scope to record some video also. Bada Boom Porky Pig!

I
20200612_154937.jpg

Two 500 round boxes arrived today.
20200612_154932.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered Two 500 round boxes of the Winchester Active Duty MHS Ammunition 9mm M1152 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Flat Nose 271.98 shipped good price for target practice ammo. I want to try this on some Feral Hogs with my Ruger PC 9 9mm Rifle with the 16.5 " barrel it has increased velocity and that flat point with work nice in feeding and on the Hog when it impacts on his head.

The Winchester Ammunition was selected to serve as the ammunition supplier for the U.S. Army Modular Handgun System (MHS) program based on their reputation for quality ammo. Winchester proudly developed M1152 to serve alongside the U.S. Warfighter, M1152 delivers the accuracy and reliability required by the MHS program. Use only in modern 9mm firearms in good condition. These cartridges are loaded to military velocity and pressure. The average pressure is 10% to 15% higher than industry standard pressure for 9mm Luger. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer-primed, reloadable brass cases.

Features
  • Loaded to U.S. military M1152 specification for improved cycling and reliability
  • Highly accurate range projectile with engineered profile to ensure reliable feeding
  • Built to exacting specifications for shot-to-shot consistency

Made In United States of America
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022355350
$271 sounds kinda pricey for some 115gr FMJ's but in these times I guess it's competitive. I'm used to buy 1000 rounds for $160 before Covid.

Let us know if it has a different effect on the hogs then the regular 115gr FMJ's.

Happy hunting!

$271 sounds kinda pricey for some 115gr FMJ's but in these times I guess it's competitive. I'm used to buy 1000 rounds for $160 before Covid.

Let us know if it has a different effect on the hogs then the regular 115gr FMJ's.

Happy hunting!
I have already killed a 115-pound Boar 🐗with it over the weekend. I put him down with one shot from the XDM OSP 9MM 4.5" PISTOL he was about 25 yards / 75 feet away . The price 129.95 is not that bad 500 rounds of American Made 9mm FMJ 119-grain ball has been about 120 per 500 rounds then add tax and shipping. I have seen the Foreign-made steel & alloy case 9mm ball for around $95. 00 for 1000 but I don't shoot that crap. Right now it's cheaper to buy than reloading the same type ammo. My prep is 1000 rounds of American brand name factory ammo in reserve for each caliber and each firearm I own and I rotate it every 5 years. I have thought of purchasing the steel case crap and pull the bullets and primers and reload in a brass case but it's not worth it the bullets primers and powder cost about the same if you use American made FMJ Ball Ammo and Winchester ball pistol powder and CCI primers 8 pound can of powder will load about 1,300 rounds. I guess can load cast lead really cheap for target practice but it's very dirty. I have never seen 1000 rounds of factory ball 9mm ammo for 160 since the early '80s. But since the Over Blown COVID Hoax, everything has gone up as high as a Cat's back. My problem is I have high pockets unlike the rich with their Deep pockets.

I have already killed a 115-pound Boar 🐗with it over the weekend. I put him down with one shot from the XDM OSP 9MM 4.5" PISTOL he was about 25 yards / 75 feet away . The price 129.95 is not that bad 500 rounds of American Made 9mm FMJ 119-grain ball has been about 120 per 500 rounds then add tax and shipping. I have seen the Foreign-made steel & alloy case 9mm ball for around $95. 00 for 1000 but I don't shoot that crap. Right now it's cheaper to buy than reloading the same type ammo. My prep is 1000 rounds of American brand name factory ammo in reserve for each caliber and each firearm I own and I rotate it every 5 years. I have thought of purchasing the steel case crap and pull the bullets and primers and reload in a brass case but it's not worth it the bullets primers and powder cost about the same if you use American made FMJ Ball Ammo and Winchester ball pistol powder and CCI primers 8 pound can of powder will load about 1,300 rounds. I guess can load cast lead really cheap for target practice but it's very dirty. I have never seen 1000 rounds of factory ball 9mm ammo for 160 since the early '80s. But since the Over Blown COVID Hoax, everything has gone up as high as a Cat's back. My problem is I have high pockets unlike the rich with their Deep pockets.
That's awesome 1 shot with a pistol at 25 yds for a kill. 😁👍

Before covid I was able to get CCI Blazer, Winchester, & Federal 9mm ammo for $8 - $9 a box of 50. I typically keep 4000 - 5000 rounds on hand at any given time so I'm not too concerned with the current prices because I know they will drop in a few months.

That's awesome 1 shot with a pistol at 25 yds for a kill. 😁👍

Before covid I was able to get CCI Blazer, Winchester, & Federal 9mm ammo for $8 - $9 a box of 50. I typically keep 4000 - 5000 rounds on hand at any given time so I'm not too concerned with the current prices because I know they will drop in a few months.
Many people today underestimate the power of a 9mm or .22 cal both calibers I have brought down Large Boars with any shot placed on it's head puts it down and I have learned to do it on the fly they move fast but when that bullet hits the head they go out like a candle in the wind. I recommend a pistol caliber carbine rifle become part of one's collection of firearms. I have two pistol/carbine rifle combos one in 9mm & one in .22 and 2 bricks of CCI Velociter ammo for each .22LR caliber firearm I own. The Kel Tech PMR 30 Pistol and CMR 30 rifle in .22 magnum is an awesome combo and it's one of the best survival combos and you can put back several bricks of 500 .22 magnum ammo into a small space. This combo is good for hunting target practice, self-defense, backpacking, survival, or bugout bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people today underestimate the power of a 9mm or .22 cal both calibers I have brought down Large Boars with any shot placed on it's head puts it down and I have learned to do it on the fly they move fast but when that bullet hits the head they go out like a candle in the wind. I recommend a pistol caliber carbine rifle become part of one's collection of firearms. I have two pistol/carbine rifle combos one in 9mm & one in .22 and 2 bricks of CCI Velociter ammo for each .22LR caliber firearm I own. The Kel Tech PMR 30 Pistol and CMR 30 rifle in .22 magnum is an awesome combo and it's one of the best survival combos and you can put back several bricks of 500 .22 magnum ammo into a small space. This combo is good for hunting target practice, self-defense, backpacking, survival, or bugout bag.
Thanks for the recommendations!

I'm interested in getting both the CMR and PMR .22mag at some point.

The M1153 147gr JHP (pictured in my avatar) is sometimes available at LAX or Freedom Munitions. I picked up a couple 50 boxes for under $30 each. I like them. I run the old school Hi-Shok 147gr ($25 for 50 @ Target Sports) in my full size Witness P-S and the 147 M1153 NATO in my Hellcat for concealed carry. I'm sure it will get the job done if called upon.

Back