testtest

M1a failure to feed issue.

So long story short, my original OP-rod was defective and Springfield gladly replaced it, but ever since I got it back it has had a failure to feed issue.

I believe it to be short stroking, because it doesn't pick up rounds from the magazine. Magazines that previously worked fine, and the rounds still chamber when I charge the weapon by hand. I have also cleaned the gas piston twice and it moves freely.

Does anyone have insight that might help me fix this issue?

So long story short, my original OP-rod was defective and Springfield gladly replaced it, but ever since I got it back it has had a failure to feed issue.

I believe it to be short stroking, because it doesn't pick up rounds from the magazine. Magazines that previously worked fine, and the rounds still chamber when I charge the weapon by hand. I have also cleaned the gas piston twice and it moves freely.

Does anyone have insight that might help me fix this issue?
Contact Springfield CS again, explain the situation and ask for help.

Sorry, I have no helpful answer. I too am having this issue, short stroking, jamming, it will not eject. Right now I would settle if someone knew of an expert gun smith in central Florida that works with M1As.

Ok, I decided to trust my M1a with Springfield. Had a talk with one of their reps, I feel good that once I ship the gun, they will take care of it and I'll be able to get back to the range. I'll consider this post closed.

Back