testtest

M1a in .308 - 168 gr or 175 gr

Its not just the money, it's also tailoring your ammo to your rifle. That said, if you're only reloading for .308 and its only cheap range ammo its going to take a very long time. If you're going to load high end hunting ammo with all copper Barnes bullets or try to make something to rival Federal Gold Medal Match, then you might save $10 per 20 and you'll make up the cost of the reloading gear quickly.

Thanks for writting back. I have had guns my whole life but didnt always shoot them. I only know about M1A from magizines and TV, never picked one up. I didnt even go into the gun store , did it on the phone and when it comes in will bring my ID. I like the walnut ones the best but also like the other one but I think it is illegal in NY. I bought my dad a shotgun in 1991 and had a hard time decieding between that and an M1 and have thought about it eve since.

Thanks for writting back. I have had guns my whole life but didnt always shoot them. I only know about M1A from magizines and TV, never picked one up. I didnt even go into the gun store , did it on the phone and when it comes in will bring my ID. I like the walnut ones the best but also like the other one but I think it is illegal in NY. I bought my dad a shotgun in 1991 and had a hard time decieding between that and an M1 and have thought about it eve since.
What are you looking for?

Hi. Since I just bought the gun I was going online to read what I can find about it. I was on sights reading about reloading but I never did it but I am going to save all my brass when I shoot and leave them in a bag so if I do decide to reload one day I have them. What I am looking for.... Just a place to hear what other people say about the gun. Some sites I have looked at just have the AR-15 vs M1A argument and I wasn't looking for that. I like the idea if I wanted to take a weekend trip to a shooting match that that would be fun. I like the idea that if something bad ever happens that it is als a good protection gun. I am going to put my coltsman 308 on consignment at the store to off set the price of this gun and use this to hunt with instead. I haven't gone hunting in years but am thinking about it next year.

Hi. Since I just bought the gun I was going online to read what I can find about it. I was on sights reading about reloading but I never did it but I am going to save all my brass when I shoot and leave them in a bag so if I do decide to reload one day I have them. What I am looking for.... Just a place to hear what other people say about the gun. Some sites I have looked at just have the AR-15 vs M1A argument and I wasn't looking for that. I like the idea if I wanted to take a weekend trip to a shooting match that that would be fun. I like the idea that if something bad ever happens that it is als a good protection gun. I am going to put my coltsman 308 on consignment at the store to off set the price of this gun and use this to hunt with instead. I haven't gone hunting in years but am thinking about it next year.
1. What are you hunting?
2. Any duel purpose?
3. Reloading equipment
4. How much money do you want too spend?

I have gone deer hunting upstate Ny but want to start going to vt,nh and Maine once in awhile. When this virus is over with I am planning a trip to either Vt or Nh to a B@B where there are less people than a hotel. I am looking up shooting ranges in VT for the trip. Them main reason I would look into reloading is because it is a semi-auto, I am sure I would use alot more ammo than my bolt action. I use a Sako 22 usually when I shoot and sometime fire a few shots with some of my other guns but the big cons cost big bucks to fire so from what I have been reading I wont really save any money but instead of shooting 2 boxes of ammo I can shoot 3 when I go. I buy 22 by the bucket so that is what I usually use. As far as how much Money to spend on reloading I have been looking online and seem to think $500 plus supplies. I would need to wait till september before doing that. That also gives me time to read about it. How long have you had a M1? I like the idea that I can hunt, target shoot and use for protection if I needed it. One other main reason for buying it is I love the way it looks.

I have gone deer hunting upstate Ny but want to start going to vt,nh and Maine once in awhile. When this virus is over with I am planning a trip to either Vt or Nh to a B@B where there are less people than a hotel. I am looking up shooting ranges in VT for the trip. Them main reason I would look into reloading is because it is a semi-auto, I am sure I would use alot more ammo than my bolt action. I use a Sako 22 usually when I shoot and sometime fire a few shots with some of my other guns but the big cons cost big bucks to fire so from what I have been reading I wont really save any money but instead of shooting 2 boxes of ammo I can shoot 3 when I go. I buy 22 by the bucket so that is what I usually use. As far as how much Money to spend on reloading I have been looking online and seem to think $500 plus supplies. I would need to wait till september before doing that. That also gives me time to read about it. How long have you had a M1? I like the idea that I can hunt, target shoot and use for protection if I needed it. One other main reason for buying it is I love the way it looks.
Keep track of the brand of ammo and types of bullets, so it will give you an idea of what shoots best in your gun!

I think that is a good idea. I can get a spiral notebook at the store for that. My biggest decision to make is weather or not to put a scope on it. I have a 3x9 leupold firedot scope with elevation lines in it and I will be receiving a free scope mount from Springfield armory. I cant decide weather to sell my Sako with the scope or keep it for the M1A. I also am not sure if the M1a looks better with or without the scope on it. Do most people like the gun with or without the scope?Right now the ammo I will buy is whats on sale. I cant pay $35 or 40 dollars a box of ammo. I will probably do it for one box just to see the difference but not on a regular basis. That is a reason to reload, shoot better for the price of cheap ammo.

I think that is a good idea. I can get a spiral notebook at the store for that. My biggest decision to make is weather or not to put a scope on it. I have a 3x9 leupold firedot scope with elevation lines in it and I will be receiving a free scope mount from Springfield armory. I cant decide weather to sell my Sako with the scope or keep it for the M1A. I also am not sure if the M1a looks better with or without the scope on it. Do most people like the gun with or without the scope?Right now the ammo I will buy is whats on sale. I cant pay $35 or 40 dollars a box of ammo. I will probably do it for one box just to see the difference but not on a regular basis. That is a reason to reload, shoot better for the price of cheap ammo.
I reload first for enjoyment. Second to have tons of ammo for when we run in to these ammo shortages. I can always roll more.
As far as my wife is concerned I'm doing it to save money. It is true on one hand. For example: I can load a equivalent round for maybe 20% of the factory ammo price. The money I've saved paid for the reloading gear in 11 months.
She's happy.
I'm tickled pink because I can shoot up to 5 times as much as someone that spends the bucks for factory ammo.
I don't save any money at all! I don't even try too!!
Best way to start in reloading is with a buddy that does it. Don't have a buddy then, start by reading all the threads here. Lot of very smart folks that have been reloading for years have contributed here. Lastly, ask questions. Don't worry that you think it may be stupid. I guarantee you that because you have the courage to ask, a whole lot of folks that were afraid to ask it, will learn. I know. I taught college...….
M1A, great pick.....

My .problem is I reload for all the guns I own. pistols and rifles. I Save all my brass, and for some rifles I have had or buy brass. I suggest you get several different reloading Manuals and read them, Normally the first half of the book is about the reloading process, ABC's of reloading is a good source, Lees reloading manual in good also. bullets and powder producer all have books, Ask questions. I find reloading to be relaxing and a part of the shooting process.

Thanks for writing back. I am going to read here and online as much as I can. I am also going to look for youtube videos I can watch. If I can watch it being done and then read about it I understand a lot more.

Back