testtest

M1A/M14 SOCOM 51mm and the 39mm in a M1A SOCOM

I have a Springfield M1A/M14 SOCOM and my question is can both the 51mm and the 39mm be fired in this rifle? If so would the 39mm use the same magazine that came with the rifle? I have heard both yes and no on this so I'm still looking for the "correct" answer.

Thank s in advance.

I have a Springfield M1A/M14 SOCOM and my question is can both the 51mm and the 39mm be fired in this rifle? If so would the 39mm use the same magazine that came with the rifle? I have heard both yes and no on this so I'm still looking for the "correct" answer.

Thank s in advance.
39 as in m43(ak ammo)? Not even close! The 7.62x51 has a bolt face of .473 and the(m43) with a face of .447 just to start with. The case length is 12mm shorter. It's like dropping OObuck in a garden hose.

The bullet(m43) has a diameter of .311 compared to. 308 in the m14/m1a. I have seen a 50bmg fired out of a 12ga.
You may want to rephrase that last statement and to say you have seen a .50BMG exploded a 12 gauge....😜

Thank s in advance.

Good grief, no.

And anyone who says you can use both is a fool.

The answer is NO you cannot fire 7.62x39 in M1a.
The only similarities are both are .30 cal. bullet.

Good grief, no.

And anyone who says you can use both is a fool.
Ya know Hans, the real question is "WHY?" Why would you want to do something like that? Is it a 38 Spl/357 Mag kind of thing? Each of those cartridges has its specific platform. You can't make an AK-47 out of a M1A!!!

Ya know Hans, the real question is "WHY?" Why would you want to do something like that? Is it a 38 Spl/357 Mag kind of thing? Each of those cartridges has its specific platform. You can't make an AK-47 out of a M1A!!!
I have no idea...maybe they were confusing the M1A and Mini-30.

You may want to rephrase that last statement and to say you have seen a .50BMG exploded a 12 gauge....😜
I watched a guy in Nevada load a 50bmg into a 12ga and fire off 1 round. The neck expanded to the same size of the body and did not explode the 12ga. With the neck expanding in this manner the majority of the pressure was expelled, but at 20 yards he was able to hit the target.

I have no idea...maybe they were confusing the M1A and Mini-30.
Considering that the rims are completely different it boggles me.
I've known a couple of folks who thought you should be able to do the same with .40 and 10mm. They did not take into consideration that they unlike .38/.357 .40/10mm do not headspace on the rim but on the case mouth.

As per above, both the short & long answers are...

no1-191.gif

Whomever is telling you that you can use 7.62x39 in a M1A has their...

1609872709295.png

Back