testtest

M1A SOCOM

Gneel

Alpha
Recently purchased a M1A SOCOM. Want to add a scope. Looking for any information about what others have mounted on their M1A. Scout or SOCOM.

I have a Scout Squad and I used a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X 2FP Scout Scope.

It really boils down to if you want to use the existing forward placed mount, or if you are going to spend the extra money and install the after market mount from Springfield or Sadlak, and what type of a scope you are looking to use.

I have a Scout Squad and I used a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X 2FP Scout Scope.

It really boils down to if you want to use the existing forward placed mount, or if you are going to spend the extra money and install the after market mount from Springfield or Sadlak, and what type of a scope you are looking to use.
Thanks for the feedback.
Not crazy about long eye relief scopes. I currently have a red dot mounted on the existing mount, but that will come off when I figure out what I want. I'm looking at the Sadlak mount and going with a "normal" eye relief scope.

Recently purchased a M1A SOCOM. Want to add a scope. Looking for any information about what others have mounted on their M1A. Scout or SOCOM.
It all depends on your useage intents/conditions.

#1 - A range toy or a working gun?

#2 - Your area of operating conditions, i.e urban or rural, and with the latter thick, mixed or open vegetation conditions?

#3 - A high-magnification scope on a SOCOM is way over-kill. A good compromise is a Vortex Viper 2.5-10x44 since you're going with a receiver mount.

It all depends on your useage intents/conditions.

#1 - A range toy or a working gun?

#2 - Your area of operating conditions, i.e urban or rural, and with the latter thick, mixed or open vegetation conditions?

#3 - A high-magnification scope on a SOCOM is way over-kill. A good compromise is a Vortex Viper 2.5-10x44 since you're going with a receiver mount.
#1 - mostly range, but will also be used hunting hogs and deer
#2 - rural; open to mixed vegetation, cedar trees, prickly pears, live oaks.
#3 - I'll research the Vortex Viper 2.5-10x44.
Appreciate your feedback/information.

#1 - mostly range, but will also be used hunting hogs and deer
#2 - rural; open to mixed vegetation, cedar trees, prickly pears, live oaks.
#3 - I'll research the Vortex Viper 2.5-10x44.
Appreciate your feedback/information.
1x6
Sounds like your in Tx

IMG_8277.1.jpg

Mine is in a Blackfeather chassis stock, and it is set up so I can run BUIS, RDS, and a Scope all on the same sight plane like an AR-10. Troy flip up battle sights, Aimpoint CompM4 with spacer, and a Leupold 1.5-5x33mm in extra tall rings.

View attachment 21361

Mine is in a Blackfeather chassis stock, and it is set up so I can run BUIS, RDS, and a Scope all on the same sight plane like an AR-10. Troy flip up battle sights, Aimpoint CompM4 with spacer, and a Leupold 1.5-5x33mm in extra tall rings.
Wow, sweet set up you've got! Lots of versatility. My M4 is set up similar. Gonna keep my M1A more traditional looking. But I do appreciate what you've done with yours.

Back