testtest

M1A stock

Recently bought a new SA M1A with walnut stock. I notice the stock is stained but not really finished. What does SA recommend to coat the stock with?

Do you have any pictures? If the stock is unfinished you may want to reach out to Springfield Armory.
Here is a photo but it’s hard to tell the finish. It feels to me like wood that has just been stained with no finish or sealer . It seems like it needs something to make it resist moisture. I’ll reach out to Springfield Armory. Thanks

Attachments

• 1DB7CC3E-5B49-45E8-B6F4-7D4BADACF4B3.jpeg
    1DB7CC3E-5B49-45E8-B6F4-7D4BADACF4B3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 213
Here is a photo but it’s hard to tell the finish. It feels to me like wood that has just been stained with no finish or sealer . It seems like it needs something to make it resist moisture. I’ll reach out to Springfield Armory. Thanks
Absolutely. To me the finish looks good but like you said you can’t tell completely through a photo. Here’s the contact information for Springfield for ya. If you have any trouble getting ahold of them just shoot me a message.

Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.

Have a black synthetic M-1 stock with no metal laying around the shop, if you think that is what you want get ahold of me.

Recently bought a new SA M1A with walnut stock. I notice the stock is stained but not really finished. What does SA recommend to coat the stock with?

The stocks are finished with either tung or boiled linseed oil. They are a matte finish not glossy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back