testtest

M1A vltor, barrel swap

is it possible to barrel swap on my M1A Vltor from 308 to 6.5CM?
i see they have a M1A loaded in 6.5cm, but already own the gun, like to swap out for 6.5cm. is the barrel out there? and is it a simple barrel swap?

i see they have a M1A loaded in 6.5cm, but already own the gun, like to swap out for 6.5cm. is the barrel out there? and is it a simple barrel swap?
You can, but it will be tedious. Why ?

If you want to shoot 500+ yards, then get a dedicated 6.5. If less, kick butt with your .308 and smile all day long. If you have not or cannot hit beyond 400-500 yards , there is zero need for a 6.5 over .308.

ive shot competition back in my day, still like long rangei do pretty good out to 850, but beyond i suck. i friend has a ruger 6.5cm. damn i was impressed. most of my rifles are like caliber. 223/556 7.62x51/308. my best rifle is my colt M2012 in 308. ive got a armalite AR10T in 308, i just would like to have a semi auto in 6.5cm

this is my tank chair with my colt M2012
2016-06-07 23.47.17.jpg

i can walk with canes, but hunting is a chore, holding up the rifle for anytime. this rifle rest, i can pivot raise and lower. it works out great

the tank chair is awesome, go through water, mud, snow, sand. i saw on with a winch, but if your crazy enough to take it, into places a 4 wheeler would go, thats insane

You could contact SA, since they offer a 6.5 CM version, to see if they'll swap the barrels.

I think you're looking at a full custom job, which likely won’t be worth it...M1A's aren’t modular like AR's.

Not only that, but 6.5CM through a short barrel for long range shooting seems to me to be at cross-purposes.

It would be a lot easier to just get a 6.5CM upper for your Armalite or Colt.

i would love to get the 6.5cm for the armalite, but ive got a problem getting needed barrel or upper, its armalite not a dpms

That's right...Armalite s different than the KAC/DPMS pattern...and I was thinking of a different Colt, thought the 2012 was their briefly reduced .308AR.

Downside of buying proprietary...

Cheapest route would be to just buy a 6.5 AR, probably.

I love your tank chair. Call this guy up and talk with him and see what he says and recommends. 541-899-8109
Here is another recommendation 828-894-0100

yep, i love both the guns, but if i had to do it again, i would go with a different platform, like dpms. i love the ar10t, its got a stainless bull barrel, i was thinking of getting a can, but would have to get someone to cut it down and thread it. but with the current gun shortage ill have to wait and see.

Back