testtest

Macular Degeneration

southtex

Professional
Founding Member
My mom dealt with this for the last 31 years of life and was diagnosed before any of the newer treatments were available. I was officially diagnosed with wet in my left eye on 1/5/2023 and scheduled for shots starting in 2 weeks. Can anyone offer any experiences on the effectiveness of the shots.
Thanks

Well my mother has had macular degeneration for perhaps 20 years, maybe longer. It's might even be close to 30 now.

She has been getting the shots that long and still has a decent bit of her eyesight left. I believe they work slowing the progression. Not a cure but it helps a lot. I would say that past 10 years or so she may have gotten 2 or 3 a year tops. She still lives st home alone at 89.

My father in law had it probably the last 15 to 20 years of his life and when he died he was still driving. He took the shots also.

They also took i think the name was presser vison eye vitamins per thier Dr's.

Good luck hope they work for you.

Last edited:
Thank You for the information. I also have been taking Preservision Areds 2 since they hit the market, eating green vegetables, and wearing sunglasses but as my Dr told me you can't beat Genetics. I find your information very encouraging and appreciate your response.

I worked for a surgical Opthlamologist. The shots have solid results but there’s a range of issues that could arise that I’m sure they discussed. Regardless, you’re on the right path and any issues are addressable.
Keep up with the Areds and green eating.
Are your glasses the type that wrap around and touch or get close to your face? Very important, UV is a *****. Also, if you have regular glasses is there a blue light filter on them?

I was diagnosed with (dry) Macular degeneration in my left eye two years ago, I also have been taking Presavision since then and have no advanced vision issues. I remember asking the ophthalmologist if this was a genetic thing, “I don’t remember his answer” however since I was adopted as an infant I have no information about biological family medical history anyway so everything I’ve encountered as I have gotten older is just a new frontier.

I worked for a surgical Opthlamologist. The shots have solid results but there’s a range of issues that could arise that I’m sure they discussed. Regardless, you’re on the right path and any issues are addressable.
Keep up with the Areds and green eating.
Are your glasses the type that wrap around and touch or get close to your face? Very important, UV is a *****. Also, if you have regular glasses is there a blue light filter on them?
Yes I have been wearing wrap around Oakley's and Ray Ban's for the last few years. Always wear a hat with brim and my prescription glasses have UV and Blue Light protection. Also use BL filters on my electronics. I have been very Macular conscious for at least 15 - 20 years. Haven't smoked in 12 years. If I can hang on to my current state and gain some clarity I would be thrilled.

Well my mother has had macular degeneration for perhaps 20 years, maybe longer. It's might even be close to 30 now.

She has been getting the shots that long and still has a decent bit of her eyesight left. I believe they work slowing the progression. Not a cure but it helps a lot. I would say that past 10 years or so she may have gotten 2 or 3 a year tops. She still lives st home alone at 89.

My father in law had it probably the last 15 to 20 years of his life and when he died he was still driving. He took the shots also.

They also took i think the name was presser vison eye vitamins per thier Dr's.

Good luck hope they work for you.
We had some patients getting shots weekly or each eye 2x monthly. They’ve got a lot of wiggle room with the injections and 3 major different types of rx for those. Lots of options. Eylea is so expensive that it takes a fresh “medically necessary” approval for each one. Stupid but handled by the office.

I was diagnosed with (dry) Macular degeneration in my left eye two years ago, I also have been taking Presavision since then and have no advanced vision issues. I remember asking the ophthalmologist if this was a genetic thing, “I don’t remember his answer” however since I was adopted as an infant I have no information about biological family medical history anyway so everything I’ve encountered as I have gotten older is just a new frontier.
Why would any of you believe this is genetic when it is obviously all of the leds? None of my ancestors had this. Both my husband and brother do and both built computers when most had no idea they existed.

Why would any of you believe this is genetic when it is obviously all of the leds? None of my ancestors had this. Both my husband and brother do and both built computers when most had no idea they existed.
What exactly would your ancestors have to do with your husband having it.?

Where might your office be so we can avail ourselves of your advanced medical knowledge?

Computer monitors in the early days were not led they were cathoid ray tubes, CRTs.

Last edited:
My mom dealt with this for the last 31 years of life and was diagnosed before any of the newer treatments were available. I was officially diagnosed with wet in my left eye on 1/5/2023 and scheduled for shots starting in 2 weeks. Can anyone offer any experiences on the effectiveness of the shots.
Thanks
Thanks
I was diagnosed in 2014 and received injections for approximately 2 years. The wet AMD stabilized and I haven’t had to have any more injections since - going on 8 years now!

Back