testtest

Mag pinch

Has anyone with a Hellcat experienced a pinch ( hard) on their pinky from shooting with the 13rd mag in the gun . The 13 has some slop up and down and there’s a small gap between the mag and butt , the 10 has on slop , or gap and is tight . The damn thing pinched the hell out of the flesh on the back of my pinky with the ex mag .

Has anyone with a Hellcat experienced a pinch ( hard) on their pinky from shooting with the 13rd mag in the gun . The 13 has some slop up and down and there’s a small gap between the mag and butt , the 10 has on slop , or gap and is tight . The **** thing pinched the hell out of the flesh on the back of my pinky with the ex mag .
I don't own a Hellcat, but have had the "pinch" happen when shooting my XD Mod2 9mm if my punky finger is placed where it basically "straddles" the small gap between the mag baseplate and the bottom of the grip. It happens after firing and a new round feeds upward, and the mag moves with the spring action within the mag. It is a noticeable pinch for sure, but then I reposition my pinky and receive no pinching.

I don't own a Hellcat, but have had the "pinch" happen when shooting my XD Mod2 9mm if my punky finger is placed where it basically "straddles" the small gap between the mag baseplate and the bottom of the grip. It happens after firing and a new round feeds upward, and the mag moves with the spring action within the mag. It is a noticeable pinch for sure, but then I reposition my pinky and receive no pinching.
My Mod2 9mm 4” never bit me

I have all 3 of the Mod2 sub compacts, the 9, 40 and 45 and run all 3 with the extended mags, I’ve never been bit or noticed a large enough gap between the extension on the magazine and gun that would cause a pinch. Perhaps try using a good shooters glove or practice keeping
pinch-able skin away from the gap.

Or (and this is the archer in me talking)...grow a callus? :ROFLMAO:

I've never been bit by my XDs...but with my flush (carry) mag, my pinky curls under the baseplate anyway...

Or (and this is the archer in me talking)...grow a callus? :ROFLMAO:

I've never been bit by my XDs...but with my flush (carry) mag, my pinky curls under the baseplate anyway...
I occasionally get the pinch when using the 16rnd mag. Doesn't happen with the 13rnd one, due to pinky under baseplate

Last edited:
Has anyone with a Hellcat experienced a pinch ( hard) on their pinky from shooting with the 13rd mag in the gun . The 13 has some slop up and down and there’s a small gap between the mag and butt , the 10 has on slop , or gap and is tight . The **** thing pinched the hell out of the flesh on the back of my pinky with the ex mag .
No can't say that I have! I ordered 4 extra 13 round mags for my Springfield HellCat after I purchased the Pistol it came with an 11 round & 13 round magazines. So now I only carry the Hell Cat with the 13 round magazines only, I leave the 11 round magazine in the box in the safe. I have fired the pistol in rapid-fire and rapid magazine changes and never experienced a pinch or bite from a magazine gap. but I have large ruff hands.

I only carry the 13 round mags in my Hellcat. I’ve yet to get pinched. This may very well be due to the fact I have larger hands.

I have experienced the pinch on two different 13 rd mags...both factory.
I was hoping someone here had a work arouond to tighten up the slop.

Also got a pincher 13 round mag with my new hellcat rdp today. 11rnd mag is good, but 13rnd pinches each shot. Guess ill skip buying more of those and try a 15rnd.

Realistically i bought it for the small 11rnd mags anyway, its a snappy little shooter, better shot groups for me out of the box than than my glock45.

Back