testtest

Magazines, at what point, if any, are too many?

Short Answer, Buy as many magazines as can reasonably afford.

I live in Colorado. No one thought our magazine capacity restriction law would pass, until it did.

Even the Governor (Hickenlooper) said it was a pointless law. Then some political things happened and he changed to supporting it whole heartedly.

Currently, no one bothers to enforce the law, until they do.

I learned my lesson the hard way, I own more magazines for my Glocks than I will ever need. I'm still looking for more.

Well, I got a lot for every weapon I have... BUT I have so many 30 round .223 mags, I don't even know where they all are. I keep my guns, mags, and ammo in different places throughout my state of Florida. lol

I'm a little paranoid... every time I hear someone talking about banning 30 round mags, I find myself at the gun store buying 3 to 6 more. Seriously.

I'm also wondering if the A T F is monitoring this forum, and what we post and printing out threads. lol Like I said paranoid, but in a good why not a nut job way... I think. ;)

I spent a lot of money on magazines this year just trying to keep up with @BET7 . Then i learned of row 8 being totally magazines in his warehouse and gave up. early in the year i kept gun mag warehouse in business. lol no clue how many i have bought this year and didn't need any of them. Even bought several drums for various guns.
For each pistol, I generally have 5-7 mags (1911s probably over 20). ARs in 223/556 probably also 20+. ARs in other calibers, probably 5 or less per. Same with my M1As and other 308s. I'm running out of places to hold them all though, I may have to build another storage facility :unsure:;)

Don't remember exactly when, Brownells had a sale on their 30 rd 5.56/223 mags. I bought 40, 30 are still in original wrappers. I have 6 pistols I consider very good carry guns, 3 9mm M&P's, 3 45 acp 1911's commanders & government models. Currently have 10 mags for each pistol and rotate them every two months. That's probably overkill.

I attempted to go through all 125 pages of The Lounge to see if this question had been posed, but after going through ten pages I figured, what the hell.........

Personally, I figure five magazines per magazine fed firearm is the bare minimum, and in the case of clip fed (M1 Garand and such) one hundred is a good low number.

At this point the least I have for any of my mag fed types is three for my SA-35, but that's soon to change.

AR and AK wise, I have more than I know, for each I stopped counting at fifty, and I'm still buying as I see them depending on price.

Anyway, hope this thread adds to the discussion.......
5 is a bare minimum for any pistol and I don't feel comfortable at all with less than 10. 30 round P Mags? I ain't even gonna go there, let's just say there are never too many.

Back