testtest

Major Storm Coming

HayesGreener

Hellcat
By all accounts Florida will experience a major storm later this week. We are in the Panandle and not expected to be the target but you never know. It appears Tampa Bay is at risk and we have family there. I know from attending the Governor's Hurricane Conference and working on disaster preparedness when I was with the PD down there that a worse case scenario is for the storm to make landfall at the mouth of Tampa Bay. The damage from storm surge and flooding would be catstrophic with all the development in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. Tampa Bay has dodged that bullet for many years and I hope their luck holds. Keeping the folks along Florida's West Coast in our thoughts.

It looks like it's going to reach me in NE Georgia... we need the rain, but not all at once.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 07-37-44 HURRICANE IAN.png

By all accounts Florida will experience a major storm later this week. We are in the Panandle and not expected to be the target but you never know. It appears Tampa Bay is at risk and we have family there. I know from attending the Governor's Hurricane Conference and working on disaster preparedness when I was with the PD down there that a worse case scenario is for the storm to make landfall at the mouth of Tampa Bay. The damage from storm surge and flooding would be catstrophic with all the development in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. Tampa Bay has dodged that bullet for many years and I hope their luck holds. Keeping the folks along Florida's West Coast in our thoughts.
Praying for the people in harms way.

I like to look at all the "models"

The lines of this graphic represent several of the many track forecasts from various computer models. This is not an official forecast, but these are used as guidance for creating the projected path.)

DCT_SPECIAL14_1280x720.jpg

This one from 8:00am today shows a little more westward movement.

f6f4b860-9be7-4357-be4e-8edb25a764c6_1140x641.jpg

Last edited:
The storm track at this point does not seem likely to come here. We are far enough inland and have reinforced things enough here that we will be fine on the off chance it comes this way.

We have family who live in evacuation zones in Pinellas County though, so we will be watching the spaghetti models closely.

We have refined our hurricane preparedness over the past 42 years in coastal Florida. We lost power for 3.5 weeks, and about 40 mature pecan and oak trees around the house when Ivan hit us in 2004. A 40kw diesel generator takes care of the power issue, we still have a few trees left. We are most worried about folks who live in low lying areas near the Gulf.

Praying everyone is safe.

From Naples, FL... Good luck fellow Freedom Floridians, and others in the path. I'm always ready with plenty of food, water, guns, and ammo. lol And a nice generator big enough to run ALMOST the whole house. lol

Now I probably don't have to tell you people here this but... Don't count on the government, local, state or federal to come and save you and supply you with what you need. They will try, that's what they do but learn to be self-reliant. See you after the party. ;) Good Luck,

From Naples, FL... Good luck fellow Freedom Floridians, and others in the path. I'm always ready with plenty of food, water, guns, and ammo. lol And a nice generator big enough to run ALMOST the whole house. lol

Now I probably don't have to tell you people here this but... Don't count on the government, local, state or federal to come and save you and supply you with what you need. They will try, that's what they do but learn to be self-reliant. See you after the party. ;) Good Luck,
Don't forget the potent potables! I will raise a glass (or two) to you in the Hurricane Lounge for the next few nights. We are fortunate to have a great governor!

Back