testtest

Major Storm Coming

I've heard of people using a seal-a-meal to seal their gun up in plastic, and then store them tupperware containers that will not leak. A safe is fine for high winds and structural damage to your house, but I'm not sure how watertight they are. I feel bad for the folks who have to experience this awlful event.

I've heard of people using a seal-a-meal to seal their gun up in plastic, and then store them tupperware containers that will not leak. A safe is fine for high winds and structural damage to your house, but I'm not sure how watertight they are. I feel bad for the folks who have to experience this awlful event.
Sadly It’s going to be devastating.

The numbers being reported at land fall…….

125 MPH sustained winds with
155 MPH gusts.
16 to 20 inches of rain.
8-12 feet storm surge.

Last edited:
F27C190E-D40C-411F-A2C4-F72E2139DCDD.png

Getting worse, heard there was a real bad tornado that hit earlier….

As a Floridian since birth these storms really don't bother me, even the big ones. My house is well built and protected, along with my stuff inside including my 50+ guns. (lol) And I am definitely set to care for myself and family for months on end... BUT...

You still have to respect mother nature, who can be a bitch sometimes.... who else is up at 4 AM waiting to react to damage or any other incident, while the wife and dog sleep peacefully. What us men do for our families. ;)

Attachments

• FduqwXJWYAAXMIN.jpg
    FduqwXJWYAAXMIN.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 55
I just watched Gov DeSantis in a press conference. They are preparing for the storm to be a Cat 5. Tampa Bay isn't ground zero it seems to be Ft Myers. The damage from this storm will be historic. All of those folks who moved to Florida in the past couple years are in for a shock. DeSantis is an impressive leader.

I just watched Gov DeSantis in a press conference. They are preparing for the storm to be a Cat 5. Tampa Bay isn't ground zero it seems to be Ft Myers. The damage from this storm will be historic. All of those folks who moved to Florida in the past couple years are in for a shock. DeSantis is an impressive leader.

Hope whatever plans you made down there work exceptionally well. Take care We up here will be praying for ya’ll, used your vernacular in support of you...

E0D1D45B-2CA2-408D-8269-BA6EA704AD39.png

Morning scan……hope all took the evacuation serious and got to a safe place

Last edited:
Hurricane Ian made landfall in southwestern Florida near Cayo Costa as a Category 4 storm... given the size of the eye of the storm, Gasparilla was also ground zero for landfall. Gasparilla is where I taught Olympic Gold medalist Rowdy Gaines how to fly a hovercraft in the mid 1980's.

Cayo Costa.png

I was down there with my family when Hurricane Charlie hit in 2004-2005 time frame, the people were crazy, prices were jacked up and you just hunkered down and prayed for the best. we came through it alright and continued our vacation. These people go through it so often they take it for granted.

Back