testtest

Makarov making life hard for Sig

Sld1959

Hellcat
20230213_200206.jpg

Last couple of very warm days days I have been nostalgic and carrying the Makarov. This oddly enough is making the Sig P365 less rotation safe, or keepable (I made a new word cool).

Went to the range for a short bit today I am remembering just how comfortable and how much I like a hammer on a pistol, how much I like a safety, how much I like the balance and feel of a metal framed pistol. I even like a DA/SA pistol over the striker I am now thinking. I kind of put these things away trying to get used to the P365.

Dang this is tough, it really is because I really do find a lot to like in the Sig. First off it's a sweet shooting little thing, makes me feel like it's better than I can wring out of it. The size just disappears in carry. You can barely feel it in carry. It's both red dot and light ready. Dang this got harder.

This was the first target ever shot between 30 and 5 yards moving and stationary. It's really a shooter. Yeah it was all left but that was an easy fix.

Dang... I must be over thinking this too much lol.

20211202_101454.jpg

I sm sitting here thinking do I just bite the bullet dump the Sig, buy a Cheetah 80x or maybe a cz 75 p01 or the new detective size Hp. Or keep the Sig and just get used to it, lol confusion.
Put your hands together—

Get a CZ82 or 83. DA/SA w/safety, doublestack in .380 or 9Mak. I had one, then dumped it when I got my Sphinx AT380M…kinda wish I hadn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, a Cheetah kicks butt,..but the CZ is a whole lotta bang for the buck.

Put your hands together—

Get a CZ82 or 83. DA/SA w/safety, doublestack in .380 or 9Mak. I had one, then dumped it when I got my Sphinx AT380M…kinda wish I hadn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, a Cheetah kicks butt,..but the CZ is a whole lotta bang for the buck.
The CZ82 and 83 are sweet you are right. Always thought about getting one, they were so nice and so plentiful I always put it off. Then they just dried up, maybe you are tight, time to find a nice one perhaps.

I get it. I like a hammer as well and I bought an HK P30SK thinking it would replace my Sig P365, but I shoot the Sig much better, it just disappears in a pocket holster or IWB holster. I’ve added the XL grip so I can have 15 rd and an MCarbo spring kit that makes it a very nice shooter. The HK looks cooler but that extra width makes it impossible to get out of a pocket smoother and so far I haven’t had a lot of luck with a comfortable IWB holster for it. Will I get rid of it? No, because it looks like Rick Deckard’s back up gun. Will I get rid of the P365, not a chance, it’s just too good. The truth is I carry my Archon Type B more than either of those because despite being much bigger it just disappears in an IWB holster.

Btw, I’m an unabashed Sig fanboi and @Bassbob is right, my Legions X5 and 226 are forever guns.

Variety is the spice of life. Keep the Sig and the Makarov.

Right now leaning slightly towards the Beretta 80x. Thumbs have been hurting a bit more lately. Not sure if arthritis getting worse or it's the weather. But might have to dump the 9mm in favor of the .380 only like I started two years ago before I got weak and bought the P365.

The new Cheetah checks the boxes I bought the p365 for, rail and optics ready carry pistol, with the addition of a hammer and safety which I like in a CC.

Only downside is waiting for a while to make sure bugs are worked out, and that holsters and magazines are readily available.

Last edited:
I know it really does not make sense but I, size for size, seem to feel less recoil impulse in a revolver than a comparable sized and caliber pistol. Even the .357 in the model 60 is more comfortable to shoot than most concealed carry sized 9mms.

Put your hands together—

Hans, the 82 is a great piece, like history that goes bang. The Makarovs I own are fun to carry from time to time, surprisingly accurate, and 100% reliable to date. Have 5, wish I had more!

I know it really does not make sense but I, size for size, seem to feel less recoil impulse in a revolver than a comparable sized and caliber pistol. Even the +.357 in the model 60 is more comfortable to shoot than most concealed carry sized 9mms.
Seems I carry my 640 Pro in a Galco more than my Shield+ anymore also. Can't find leather for the Shield that is comfortable. Given the power of +P loads in 38 there is really no need to carry 357 in it for most instances.

Back