testtest

Man, I found the ammo

It was a box of 100 Winchester
That's still high but acceptable under the circumstances. Like Bassbob I was well stocked before it all went crazy. I'm still sitting at around 1500 .45 ACP rounds. I get some when I find a decent deal or if it's something like Underwood's stuff. I'm both looking forward to and dreading giving the 430gr +p hardcasts a go.

My local Academy helps working people out by loading half of their ammo in the morning for the long line of mainly re-sellers, and putting the rest on shelves after 5 pm. On the plus side, I was able to get a couple 200 round range packs of 5.56 Winchester white box. On the downside, they were $94.99 each. Winds up being about $.50 per round after tax. It’s higher than I would’ve liked to pay, but at least I was able to find some.

My local Academy helps working people out by loading half of their ammo in the morning for the long line of mainly re-sellers, and putting the rest on shelves after 5 pm. On the plus side, I was able to get a couple 200 round range packs of 5.56 Winchester white box. On the downside, they were $94.99 each. Winds up being about $.50 per round after tax. It’s higher than I would’ve liked to pay, but at least I was able to find some.
That seems to me the going rate in my area per round price.

That seems to me the going rate in my area per round price.

That’s what convinced me to make the purchase. I’ve seen 5.56 going for $.70 per round plus shipping from a lot of the smaller online retailers, so I was willing to pay $.50 in person. That’s probably going to be my price limit for the near future.

They will allow customers to buy 3 boxes, but 2 was all my budget would allow with Christmas coming up. I’m really missing the $.30 per round days.

That’s what convinced me to make the purchase. I’ve seen 5.56 going for $.70 per round plus shipping from a lot of the smaller online retailers, so I was willing to pay $.50 in person. That’s probably going to be my price limit for the near future.

They will allow customers to buy 3 boxes, but 2 was all my budget would allow with Christmas coming up. I’m really missing the $.30 per round days.

Only place around here I could find it was $1/rd. I passed.

I was in a shop not far from me last week; they were fairly well stocked...9mm at $17/50, .40 @ $18/50, .45 $22/50....223 55gr $17/20...I picked up some 9mm on general principles, and some .30-06 PPU Garand loads, as well as some 6.5CM, which has disappeared on all other shelves.
No 9mm around here (MA) less than $30 - $32/50 rounds

Picked up 1,250 rds of .22lr today at .06c/rd.
That's pretty expensive for .22lr

I've been fortunate in regards to at least find .22lr for a reasonable price. I have roughly 9000 rounds on hand currently but that number has been fluctuating lately as I've been shooting them and buying more to replace it.

Last edited:
Picked up 1,250 rds of .22lr today at .06c/rd.

That is a hell of a deal! We have had people come up to us at the range offering us .12-.20 cents a round for .22LR because they know we have it. It actually makes it kind of uncomfortable. Many of the online sellers are getting .20 a round for cheap and off brand ammo.

Congratulations!

Back