Managing Trick or Treat Traffic

HayesGreener

Hellcat
Love your neighbors

Attachments

• Trickor-Treat.jpg
    Trickor-Treat.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 89
Well I have 4 Grandchildren and live in an area that the older folks enjoy the youngsters coming by for
a little fun. At 64 years old glad my wife and I don't live in an area of curmudgeons. Plus the kids that come by love our German Shepherd Gus. I mean my God with nothing but non stop bullshit 24/7 let's have some fun and enjoy the youth.

Don’t you know it’s racist to trick or treat……can’t remember where I read a school ended there yearly Halloween party for kids cause they say it racist towards the kids….. idiots, when I was growing up it was fun for all to have our dress up and party, like it’s been said, times are a change in!

Don’t you know it’s racist to trick or treat……can’t remember where I read a school ended there yearly Halloween party for kids cause they say it racist towards the kids….. idiots, when I was growing up it was fun for all to have our dress up and party, like it’s been said, times are a change in!
Labeling something as racist is an excuse to avoid accountability and accepting responsibility for your actions.

Growing up it was like a right of passage to dress up and get candy. I'd still do it if I could get away with it. :ROFLMAO:

I used to have a cooler of beer or those mini airline size bottles of wine for the adults.
Sat on the front porch with candy for the kids and adult bevs for the chaperones.
Not as many kids as 10 yrs ago, but it still goes strong around here in suburbia

We do exactly that in our neighborhood still. Lots of people outside, kids walking around going house to house. Some people set up coolers in the driveway and they grill. Candy for the kids, booze for the adults, food for all. It's nice to see still.

My German Shepherds really don't like strangers after all they're trained protection dogs. We used to set up a table right outside the gate and for the most part the kids realized there are other kids and they would only take one thing. Last year some greedy kids came by and took the whole bowl and ruined it on the decent kids. So we just don't partake anymore. Times have really changed since my generation used to go those were the fun good times in the late 70's early 80s'. Boy wish I could go back....

I too used to buy the bags of candy and have 2-3 neighborhood kids show up. Then I began to see a carloads of urchins being dropped off periodically from areas who knows where.
Can’t depend on rainout this year so I’ll be turning off the porch light and disconnecting the doorbell agin before sunset, maybe sooner…heck, doing it now.

Gotta keep an eye out for the FedEx man before the sugar hound marauders start showing up.

i remember that too, I believe those people called Halloween colonialism due to the origins, also referred to some costumes to be cultural appropriation and stereotyping. Schools took the side of the woke and cancelled school day Halloween festivities altogether because it was offensive divisive to a minority of cultures that don’t celebrate or acknowledge American traditions.

A lot of communities are doing events in parks and other public places with LE present. Good programs for safety but sad it has to be that way
my local PD has a "trunk or treat" event in the stations parking lot....

go there, get a bag of candy.......safe with cops around.

i think it is best for such events to be held at schools, churches, police stations, fire stations...

Back