testtest

Manufactured Stress, practical shooting.

@BassCliff the idea is the enjoyment of the company, and the challenge of the stages.
I completely understand the stage fright as well, it's a necessary part of it, but the best thing to remember is that you're really only competing with yourself. The guys going out there and shooting against the rest of the competitors seem to burn out pretty quickly.
That makes complete sense.

Many years ago when the earth was still young and dinosaurs ruled the world I was in the Army. When we (FIST) would go to the range, even for qualification we did things different than most other units. First, we were wearing flak vests and LBE with steel pots. Then we had to do 20 reps of 4 count pushups before firing to simulate stress. I saw on TV a program that showed current training and they had little padded mats to lay on when firing prone so as to not hurt their elbows I guess? Things change.
I do not miss wearing a flak vest while training as a Marine in Okinawa and PI (Philippine Islands) back in the late 1970's. Heat and humidity and bugs. Lots of bugs...:)

I'm in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas and humidity and heat down here can be bad but it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I was a Marine. Maybe it's because I don't have to wear a flak vest anymore...:)

I do not miss wearing a flak vest while training as a Marine in Okinawa and PI (Philippine Islands) back in the late 1970's. Heat and humidity and bugs. Lots of bugs...:)

I'm in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas and humidity and heat down here can be bad but it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I was a Marine. Maybe it's because I don't have to wear a flak vest anymore...:)

The heat and humidity in the Eastern Carolinas is nothing to sneeze at in the summer either. And the carrying of anything blued, any way other than OWB is a fools errand if you plan on keeping it from rusting.

Back