testtest

Marksman Saint

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
What would you think of Springfield making a marksman version of the Saint, in either 5.56 or .308? Something with a tight two-stage trigger, heavy 22 or 24 inch barrel, lapped bolt face, etc? I love reaching out and touching small things at long ranges.

I'm not familiar with the different varieties of Saints so...maybe? I'm sure they're great at short to mid range with the lightweight 16 inch barrels and single stage triggers, but they don't sound precision or distance minded. Am I missing anything?

I'm not familiar with the different varieties of Saints so...maybe? I'm sure they're great at short to mid range with the lightweight 16 inch barrels and single stage triggers, but they don't sound precision or distance minded. Am I missing anything?

The Victor model is the only one of the Saint line with a .308-type lower. And it seems a bit more refined than a standard Saint.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/saint-victor-ar-10-308/

I'd add the 6.5 Creedmoor to the cartridge list for a LR platform.

I’d be happy to see a 20” heavy barrel AR15. Any thing longer I probably wouldn’t be interested in as I would tote it on coyote hunts.

What would you think of Springfield making a marksman version of the Saint, in either 5.56 or .308? Something with a tight two-stage trigger, heavy 22 or 24 inch barrel, lapped bolt face, etc? I love reaching out and touching small things at long ranges.
Honestly, I think this is an awesome rifle that Springfield Armory makes already. I thnk it will fit what you described, just not a SAINT.

Back