testtest

Marlin Dark Series adds the Model 336 in .30-30

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The Marlin Dark Series adds the Model 336 in .30-30 Win. It brings the most traditional of Marlin lever-action rifles into the contemporary fold of the popular Dark Series.

1712437615680.png

Last edited:
The Marlin Dark Series adds the Model 336 in .30-30 Win. It brings the most traditional of Marlin lever-action rifles into the contemporary fold of the popular Dark Series.

View attachment 55450
Yee Gaads, that's one ugly rifle right there!!! The original Mod 336 was a really nice looking piece, this thing ... not at all!!!! :oops::rolleyes:

I love lever guns, specifically ‘92 Winchester, ‘94 Marlin, and 1895 Marlin in 45/70, but lever guns ought to be steel and walnut😏. These” tacticool” hermaphrodites leave me cold, they’re just so darn fugly. If ya want a “modern” (?) gun there are plenty of semi autos out there. (Yea, I know some poor SOB’s live in communist places where SA’s are verboten, but these pug uglies won’t do anything a pretty lever gun won’t do equally well, except attract unwanted attention from those who are terrified of ugly black guns🙄. YMMV

Looks like an "assault" lever action.
Yup, like an “assault” version of a Colt 1873 “Peacemaker🙄. I’ve said for decades that a short lever carbine (.357, .45, or .44 Mag) is the best HD rifle simply because it provides a lot of firepower without the whole “assault rifle” stigma. (Think John Wayne vs John Rambo). These tacticool lever guns throw that away with no gain in performance. The slickest rifle I’ve ever seen for around the place is a buddy’s 1873 Winchester clone (Pedersoli) in .357 that has been tuned and has the “Codymatic” cowboy shooting action job. That bad boy is fast…AND it looks like a short version of the 1 of 1000 from “Winchester ‘73”.

Last edited:
Back