testtest

MARLIN V. HENRY: MODERNIZED LEVER GUN SHOWDOWN

The henry can be loaded side gate and the slot at the end of the tube? Ok then! I bought my marlins because I didn't like the tube loader. Nice post!

I love leverguns, but I'm having trouble warming up to the modernized versions. One of the aspects that drew me to leverguns was the classic design using quality wood and metal components. My AR's fill my need for rifles with lots of polymer and pic rails, and they do an exceptional job. I'm all for different versions of guns to fill the needs of different shooters, but I think my Henry Big Boy Steel is about as "dark" as I'm willing to go with a levergun.

Thinking about adding the Marlin Dark to my Lever Action Rifle family. I haven't made up my mind about the caliber I want it to be as of now.

Have to see what Ruger does.

I plan on picking up a new 336 when Ruger starts producing them. I'm expecting this to be one of the more economical centerfire offerings, and it should give me a good idea of the quality of the new rifles. If they get the 336 right, then I will probably add a .357 Mag or .44 Mag. I'm really hoping Ruger can restore Marlin to it's pre-Remlin quality standards.

I plan on picking up a new 336 when Ruger starts producing them. I'm expecting this to be one of the more economical centerfire offerings, and it should give me a good idea of the quality of the new rifles. If they get the 336 right, then I will probably add a .357 Mag or .44 Mag. I'm really hoping Ruger can restore Marlin to it's pre-Remlin quality standards.
They will.

If they make a .35 Remington model, I’ll likely pick one up.

Bringing back the .444 would be nice, especially for conditions out here.
A couple of years ago I was talking to Marlin cs about the 45-70 before purchasing it. They didn't have the 444 in production at that time and asked if I was interested in that chamber? I told them, "Absolutely"! I don't own 1 , but sure would like too!

Back