testtest

Mastering the 9mm Ronin

Good story Mike, I used to have Taurus 1911 in 9mm, it ran good, I really liked it. I know the 1911 was originally chambered in .45acp, but I see no problem with having it in 9mm.

Bah humbug boo. I'm just glad Mr Browning can't read these words of blasphemy. :(:sick:

OK now that I got that out of my system :) , I think the 9mm platform in a 1911 would be a very tame kitten ( I figured the P word would get deleted ) to shoot. I've heard some are afraid of the puny .45 ACP hurting their wrists and this might get them to buy a 1911 and really enjoy it.

Honest , I'm not making fun of anyone here..... honest . ;):ROFLMAO:

Bah humbug boo. I'm just glad Mr Browning can't read these words of blasphemy. :(:sick:

OK now that I got that out of my system :) , I think the 9mm platform in a 1911 would be a very tame kitten ( I figured the P word would get deleted ) to shoot. I've heard some are afraid of the puny .45 ACP hurting their wrists and this might get them to buy a 1911 and really enjoy it.

1585332106256.jpeg

Ok........😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hahahahahahaha! Like I said in the video, the first time I’ve ever shot a 9mm 1911. I like it for so many reasons!

I've been carrying a .45 Springfield LB Operator for a number of years now. If you asked me I would have said that a 1911 in 9mm is like putting a Toyota engine in your '69 Mach 1. As I get older, I notice recoil more and like it less. I have recently picked up a Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator in 9mm. I've got about 1000 rds through it and have added a Wilson Combat Shok-Buff (look it up, they make a difference) to soften it even more, and a Chen-SI drop-in magwell to go with the Wilson Combat 10 rd mags I'm running.

I take back everything I ever said about 9mm in 1911. I don't think John Browning would mind a bit. He made the 1911 a .45 because that was the contract requirement. Had the modern self defense rounds been available back then I believe he would have been the first to realize the value of an extra round or two. (Evidence - the Browning High Power.)

My Springfield 1911s are both wonderful firearms and rock solid dependable. I'm adding a Shok-Buff to the .45 next time I get to the range and if it runs a couple boxes of HST without a hiccup that will be the way I carry it.

A word about ambidextrous safeties. I like them because I have left handed kids and grandkids who will one day inherit my firearms. A couple weeks ago, two year old Abraham (the hammer!) conked his head on my pistol while he was bouncing around on the sofa. When I got home and was putting the pistol away the safety was off! He must have hit it. A standard safety would have been safely tucked between the pistol and my body. Pro-Tip: Be sure you check the safety if you bump the pistol on anything. Better yet, get a holster fitted to the safety to either cover it or hold it in position.

I've been carrying a .45 Springfield LB Operator for a number of years now. If you asked me I would have said that a 1911 in 9mm is like putting a Toyota engine in your '69 Mach 1. As I get older, I notice recoil more and like it less. I have recently picked up a Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator in 9mm. I've got about 1000 rds through it and have added a Wilson Combat Shok-Buff (look it up, they make a difference) to soften it even more, and a Chen-SI drop-in magwell to go with the Wilson Combat 10 rd mags I'm running.

I take back everything I ever said about 9mm in 1911. I don't think John Browning would mind a bit. He made the 1911 a .45 because that was the contract requirement. Had the modern self defense rounds been available back then I believe he would have been the first to realize the value of an extra round or two. (Evidence - the Browning High Power.)

My Springfield 1911s are both wonderful firearms and rock solid dependable. I'm adding a Shok-Buff to the .45 next time I get to the range and if it runs a couple boxes of HST without a hiccup that will be the way I carry it.

A word about ambidextrous safeties. I like them because I have left handed kids and grandkids who will one day inherit my firearms. A couple weeks ago, two year old Abraham (the hammer!) conked his head on my pistol while he was bouncing around on the sofa. When I got home and was putting the pistol away the safety was off! He must have hit it. A standard safety would have been safely tucked between the pistol and my body. Pro-Tip: Be sure you check the safety if you bump the pistol on anything. Better yet, get a holster fitted to the safety to either cover it or hold it in position.

BradB - I don't think JMB would mind one bit, especially when you consider that the 1911 is derived from the model 1900 which was chambered in .38 ACP. As it evolved to the 1904, then 1907 the Army got a hold of it and they specified the .45 ACP.

Amazing evolution if you ask me.

Back