testtest

Match Grade Ammo

KLGunner

Staff member
Okay for some reason or another I've been infatuated with match grade ammo lately. I love how they take everything into account when designing these rounds, From aerodynamics of the round to only using the best powders, primers, etc. It seems tho i cant learn enough about them. Here's an article I found about match grade ammo.

Interesting read. I would of liked to see what barrel twist was included in the rifles used. As well as the same bullet grain used by each manufacturer. That way you have an apples to apples comparison. Variances in grains and manufacturers will always yield a wider difference in results. I was looking to see the multiple grains used, but equally across the board. That way you have results from all brands used in each grain category.
Thanks for posting 👍

Interesting read. I would of liked to see what barrel twist was included in the rifles used. As well as the same bullet grain used by each manufacturer. That way you have an apples to apples comparison. Variances in grains and manufacturers will always yield a wider difference in results. I was looking to see the multiple grains used, but equally across the board. That way you have results from all brands used in each grain category.
Thanks for posting 👍
Yes I agree with you it would be nice if they did that. I’ve been reading a lot of them lately trying to learn as much as I can about them. So I’ll post them here if I find one that does that.

Thanks for posting 👍

Weight doesn’t make nearly as much difference as bearing surface and BC. You can have two different bullets from the same manufacturer of the exact same weight, even running the same velocity, but have completely different profiles, and will therefore shoot completely differently.

But, you really can’t take much away from this test...too little data on the rifles.

I prefer factory match ammo when shooting in a match, but it's far too costly to stockpile 1000 -5000 rounds of it so I am limited to 4 or 5 boxes of match ammo for the rifles I use in long-range matches, M1a super match, Remington 700 Sendero .300 Win Mag, AR-10 M-110, Remington 700 Magpul edition.

Back