testtest

Mauser action?

For those that don't know or never paid attention to, like me. Here is a pretty simple explanation of controlled and push feeds. Also a short note on whether it matters to you or not.

Thanks Hans,
Since I just looked and none of mine are controlled feed there's no claw to see lol. But a quick look at all mine shows the push feed ejector pin that travels with the bolt.

Learn something new everyday!

And:

If I were going to hunt something that would just as soon kill me than run away?

Controlled. Feed.
That is kinda what the article was saying too. I fully understand the difference in the 2 feed types now but are all controlled feeds considered a mauser? I have not researched that far yet. Gotta go exercise the old bones first.

They say you should learn something new everyday , well I have done my deed for the day. :) Never gave any thought to this type of action stuff concerning bolt actions.
Thanks guys for enlightening me. (y)

That is kinda what the article was saying too. I fully understand the difference in the 2 feed types now but are all controlled feeds considered a mauser? I have not researched that far yet. Gotta go exercise the old bones first.
I don’t think there is a controlled feed bolt action that isn’t a derivative of the Mauser.

They say you should learn something new everyday , well I have done my deed for the day. :) Never gave any thought to this type of action stuff concerning bolt actions.
Thanks guys for enlightening me. (y)
Glad it wasn't just me that never knew the difference. 😏

I have an old Sears Mod 53 .308 that I bought used 40 years ago, still my main hunting weapon of choice. I always thought it was Win Model 70 made for Sears ... but it is a push feed bolt action. Oh well, it has always shot accurate enough for my needs and has a pretty nice trigger on it too.

Back