testtest

MEC shot bottle broke

youngolddude

Professional
While loading some shotshells, the shot bottle broke at the neck on my MEC Sizemaster. It was cold in the garage and the shaking evidently caused the neck to break and shot went everywhere. I ordered a new one from Amazon. I'm wondering if the bottle support would help protecting them in the future. :unsure:

could you or have you experimented with maybe a 2 liter soda bottle, or smaller sized one..?? since that shot bottle has a screw on cap..???

i looked up a picture of that press, i cannot see (as of now) how to build a support bracket.

While loading some shotshells, the shot bottle broke at the neck on my MEC Sizemaster. It was cold in the garage and the shaking evidently caused the neck to break and shot went everywhere. I ordered a new one from Amazon. I'm wondering if the bottle support would help protecting them in the future. :unsure:
That plastic gets brittle as it gets old. I had the magnum bottles on my MEC machines before I changed to SPOLAR. I didn't have one break but the plastic on some of them was starting to yellow. I would think they have improved materials on newer ones.

Mine must be 30 years old or more. Never had any problems with them. Cheap enough to just replace them I would think yes ?

Mine never seen sunlight or was rough handled. I went to pour shot in it one day and the shot went right through it. The plastic does indeed get brittle from age. I got a few decades out of them so I'm not complaining.

Get on DramWorx and order you the last replacement you'll ever need.

Back