testtest

Melting Your Holster? 1791 Gunleather Ultra Custom Review

Thanks for the interesting article Mike, is appreciated.
Is similar to moulding leather holsters to fit handguns. May want to wrap handgun in plastic wrap before fitting in holster like when doing with leather, but maybe not? Depends on how good the seal of bag holster is when was immersed in water?

1791's solution sounds like a good step in the right direction for many people who have problems finding good appropriate holsters for their light, optical sighted and laser equipped handguns. To me, that's a biggie!

One of concerns thought of that may be an issue later on down the road is de-lamination between the plastic and leather of the holster?

Not particularly interested in the new 'Ultra Custom', but would be interested in several of their regular optic's ready OWB's if they offered them in left hand. Out of probably 8-10 holsters I looked at, none were available for my Hellcat in a left hand, optics ready, OWB version. Oh well !!!

Now I understand manufacturers have to consider the demand for any product, and a left hand holster is no doubt not the most sought after, but there are those of us who need the left hand version of whatever model we'd like.

It seems to me a manufacturer of most any quality product could/would maintain a small 'specialty or custom' order department, legitimately with a little higher cost, for those 'out of the ordinary' requests from potential customers. Since these guys don't offer that service, I'll be passing on any of their product offerings until they do.

Just something to ponder y'all !!! (y)(y)(y)

PS: That new 'melt your own' design is pretty innovative, and looks to be good quality. So it's not that I have any qualms about the product, it's the neglecting of us 'south paws' that is irritating. You folks who live in a 'right handed' world have no idea just how how of kilter it is for us 'lefties'.

I can name so many things that are so awkward for the left handed folks of the world, some are almost impossible for us to use. And firearms themselves are among some of the most awkward.

Not particularly interested in the new 'Ultra Custom', but would be interested in several of their regular optic's ready OWB's if they offered them in left hand. Out of probably 8-10 holsters I looked at, none were available for my Hellcat in a left hand, optics ready, OWB version. Oh well !!!

Now I understand manufacturers have to consider the demand for any product, and a left hand holster is no doubt not the most sought after, but there are those of us who need the left hand version of whatever model we'd like.

It seems to me a manufacturer of most any quality product could/would maintain a small 'specialty or custom' order department, legitimately with a little higher cost, for those 'out of the ordinary' requests from potential customers. Since these guys don't offer that service, I'll be passing on any of their product offerings until they do.

PS: That new 'melt your own' design is pretty innovative, and looks to be good quality. So it's not that I have any qualms about the product, it's the neglecting of us 'south paws' that is irritating. You folks who live in a 'right handed' world have no idea just how how of kilter it is for us 'lefties'.

I can name so many things that are so awkward for the left handed folks of the world, some are almost impossible for us to use. And firearms themselves are among some of the most awkward.
Hey jumpinjoe, regarding left-handed holsters, here's what I use for my XD-S OSP, Versacarry Ranger. It's the only holster I've found that mates up well with the red-dot, no cutting, gun naturally snugs in to the right point.

Attachments

• 20210705_082002.jpg
    20210705_082002.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 210
I'm pretty well covered with a couple good, left handed holsters but I'm always on the lookout for something better if available. I'd take a look at the Versa Carry if you happen to know those model numbers. And thanks !!!

Go here and msg #23 IIRC to see my favorite for now. It works well and is obviously optic's ready. The red dot doesn't actually come into contact with the holster at all .... clears it by a 1/4" or so.

Hi JJ,
Here's two lefties found for you that may work?:

Back