testtest

Memory hunts

Sld1959

Hellcat
Two years ago in October my dad and I took my best friend of 50 years on a "memory" hunt. He was dying of brain cancer and we took him up to the cabin and we spent a week scouring our brains and we took him to every spot we could ever remember hunting. Never took a gun or bow, but it was the perfect hunt. He even walked a bit without his walker.

Last Thanksgiving I took my dad on a memory hunt. In 40 years I have not had Thanksgiving dinner at home with my wife, we were always up hunting. Dad was determined to go and we spent the week driving around to all the old places.

Would not trade those weeks for anything. Best hunts ever..

Two years ago in October my dad and I took my best friend of 50 years on a "memory" hunt. He was dying of brain cancer and we took him up to the cabin and we spent a week scouring our brains and we took him to every spot we could ever remember hunting. Never took a gun or bow, but it was the perfect hunt. He even walked a bit without his walker.

Last Thanksgiving I took my dad on a memory hunt. In 40 years I have not had Thanksgiving dinner at home with my wife, we were always up hunting. Dad was determined to go and we spent the week driving around to all the old places.

(y)(y) Good thoughts make good memories! .... Relish them while able.

Despite not being home for Thanksgiving, a LOT to be thankful for. I would rather be in the woods!

We had a lot of old maps with areas marked which helped remind us of some of the places we might not have thought of.

Back