testtest

Metro Arms Hard Chrome 1911 in 10mm

Philmo11

Master Class
Decided to create a new thread for this one. The Metro Arms American Classic II, 10mm, in hard chrome. I tested 3 Kimber Stainless II’s in 10mm in the previous thread. None I would consider were “ready to go out of the box”. One needed, and still is in, an extended breakin. By extended, I mean beyond 100 rounds. It is around 250 now and appears to be coming out of the breakin nicely.

Two went back to Kimber for failures to chamber. One went back twice, however, both needed a second trip had I not taken care of the slide stop myself. The American Classic II needed nothing but fed. No oil, no cleaning, just fed.

Now, this gun was new in box Friday. I already had a set of grips ready and waiting for it when it arrived. The group pictures do not give the gun’s finish it’s due credit.

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Wood Bicycle part Bicycle fork Metal Cylinder

Hand Wood Finger Bicycle part Gun barrel

The magazine that came with this gun left something to be desired, however, it did work when tested. No failures of any kind using the same S&B 180gr FMJ ammo tested in all 3 of the Kimber 10mm Stainless II’s.

Finish was very nicely done. Even the matte areas in person are so smooth that it almost looks painted on, but it’s not. It’s entirely hard chromed. No play whatsoever in the slide fitment, smooth action. The trigger does have a tiny bit of creep at the wall but it is very little and is as light and smooth as anything else I tested lately.

It is shooting a bit low. I need to do some accuracy testing to see how low. May just be a target hold (as I usually split the bullseye with the top of the sight. Target was too far away tonight to tell.

I’ll try to load up some spicy 10mm and see where it hit with those too. If nothing else, may upgrade to high vis target sights. Won’t know anything until I test it. If it’s really far off, I’ll get ahold of Tri-Star and send it in.

Looks like you might have an "ice" in kimber or what the grips look like? I'm not a 1911 fan nor fond of! I would consider a RI tac ultra hc in 10mm.

Yes, it was in hard chrome. The pistol was well built and finished. Some will turn their noses up at a Philippine pistol, but not me.
At the end of the day, you are the only one that has to live with it. In my experience, the only negative I have about the American Classics are the little bit of trigger creep which I’m ok with. Its not terrible but it’s there. It’s a trade off for me. I invite anyone to price a hard chrome 1911 other than the AC series and tell me how much they are. Hard chrome is rarely used on low end guns. It’s tough as nails. I only know of one other model under $1500

I used one of my 45 ACII in my qualification test for CCW and the instructor tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to spread them out so he could count 30 holes. These cheaper 1911s you almost always have to adjust the travel on the trigger, but at least you can on these. You just can’t adjust the creep out of a trigger.

Wasn’t as bad as I thought. 10 yards. 1.1”. I’m 90% sure the low one was a little flinch monster. I would not take this as a true accuracy test but it’s close enough for eval. Wife would call all the pups in the back yard so I could get it done before the sun dropped. I had to stop after each shot because the puppies would come running to see what dad was doing. So it was a combo of she’d yell clear, finding the target, check peripheral vision to make sure puppies weren’t coming, rinse, repeat, fire, wait for the puppies to come back and start over 😂. There are 6 so not an easy task… but it was amusing because their parents used to hide in the bushes after the first shot when they were that age.

If I ignore the flyer, goes from 1-1/8” to 3/4”. Rings are 5/8”
1C1B7A55-A406-4594-9C19-79288FD10338.jpeg

Slight sight drift. Target hold might be a little overkill.

Back