testtest

Micro Miracle 9mm Roundup

MIA in the article is the Kahr line, especially the PM/CW-9.

I like the Kahrs, too (you'll recall from our participation in this recent thread - https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/kahr-cw9-9-mm-lugar.9369/#post-118947), but those are single-stackers at the 6-to-9 round capacity....a bit less "miraculous" than for what this article was aiming for. ;)

But speaking of....
Am thinking some micro miracles 9mm's got left out of the mix. If any of them seen so far did so with all steel construction I might get more excited, partially due to ballast weight.

The Kahr MK9 is a great training sister -in part due to its additional weight being able to somewhat itself "dampen" the recoil impulse- to the PM9/CW9, but it is on the pricier side of things.....

----

One ancillary consideration -

Over the years, and particularly during the current craze, I've also found Kahr magazines much, much harder to source.

When my In-Stock Notification came from Brownells for these mags, I snatched up a handful virtually instantly.

Last edited:
I like the Kahrs, too (you'll recall from our participation in this recent thread - https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/kahr-cw9-9-mm-lugar.9369/#post-118947), but those are single-stackers at the 6-to-9 round capacity....a bit less "miraculous" than for what this article was aiming for. ;)

But speaking of....

The Kahr MK9 is a great training sister -in part due to its additional weight being able to somewhat itself "dampen" the recoil impulse- to the PM9/CW9, but it is on the pricier side of things.....

----

One ancillary consideration -

Over the years, and particularly during the current craze, I've also found Kahr magazines much, much harder to source.

When my In-Stock Notification came from Brownells for these mags, I snatched up a handful virtually instantly.

"Over the years, and particularly during the current craze, I've also found Kahr magazines much, much harder to source."

- That can be a toughy.
For long term and range use, 10 spare mags is usually considered to be ideal for many people with mag fed guns. 10 spares of many things currently? Outerspace expedition may be easier? :)

^ That's pretty much my take, too. 😅 :ROFLMAO: (y)
"Over the years, and particularly during the current craze, I've also found Kahr magazines much, much harder to source."

- That can be a toughy.
For long term and range use, 10 spare mags is usually considered to be ideal for many people with mag fed guns. 10 spares of many things currently? Outerspace expedition may be easier? :)
Good to know I pretty much set on that 9 mm from kahr for my first gun of the year 2022

One class of pistols I absolutely cannot stand to use. Hate them.

Once again, the dissenting opinion, but 🤮🤮 on any micro .

I pretty much agree with you. Cannot stand is a bit strong, since I do carry a Shield .45 most days. It is, as everything else, a compromise. That said it is extremely accurate. It's one of the guns I shoot best in classes. Of course I train pretty hard with it since I end up carrying it usually. At least when I am on someone else's time. ;)

As for the 9mm. I was never a fan until the Walther Q5 and HK VP9 came around. Even then it was only after advances in defense ammo made the 9mm more practical. I have absolutely zero interest in carrying a micro 9. Any 9mm I buy will have the advantage of at least 17 rounds. That said, if I was going to buy another small handgun ( I am not, at least any time soon) I would be looking at the Shield Plus. But it would have to be a .45.

One class of pistols I absolutely cannot stand to use. Hate them.

Once again, the dissenting opinion, but 🤮🤮 on any micro .
Then you are in good shape Bro. Keep pack'in them babes.

But, if ya get old, hurt'in and ach'in, weak, handicapped, or even a time for recovery from an accident, or some condition where it is impractical/impossible, ah, ya get me don't cha? then micro's might grow on ya, feel real comfy & cozy; sure beats doing without. Past packer of full sized 1911's here..............

I pretty much agree with you. Cannot stand is a bit strong, since I do carry a Shield .45 most days. It is, as everything else, a compromise. That said it is extremely accurate. It's one of the guns I shoot best in classes. Of course I train pretty hard with it since I end up carrying it usually. At least when I am on someone else's time. ;)

As for the 9mm. I was never a fan until the Walther Q5 and HK VP9 came around. Even then it was only after advances in defense ammo made the 9mm more practical. I have absolutely zero interest in carrying a micro 9. Any 9mm I buy will have the advantage of at least 17 rounds. That said, if I was going to buy another small handgun ( I am not, at least any time soon) I would be looking at the Shield Plus. But it would have to be a .45.
You know Bassbob I have a shield 40 I like it I wish I would of got in a 9 mm I shoot the 9 mm better but I won’t give up on it just train harder more time at the range that’s good ha ha

You know Bassbob I have a shield 40 I like it I wish I would of got in a 9 mm I shoot the 9 mm better but I won’t give up on it just train harder more time at the range that’s good ha ha
I also have a Shield Performance Center .40. I bought it first, before they made the .45. I have no regrets as far as wishing it were a 9mm. I very much prefer the .45 though.

Then you are in good shape Bro. Keep pack'in them babes.

But, if ya get old, hurt'in and ach'in, weak, handicapped, or even a time for recovery from an accident, or some condition where it is impractical/impossible, ah, ya get me don't cha? then micro's might grow on ya, feel real comfy & cozy; sure beats doing without. Past packer of full sized 1911's here..............
Far too snappy
Will screw worse with arthritis wrist

Back