testtest

Mil surp rifles?

So I really want to get a mil surp rifle and came across the carcano carbine. I don't really know much about these and was wondering what you guys thought about them. Are they a reliable weapon for hunting or shooting in general? How rugged is the weapon? What about parts to fix broken pieces if need be?

I bought one from Classic Firearms several months ago and it was described as a Calvary Carcano Carbine used during WWII mostly by Italian police on bicycles, and those needing something smaller than the full size Carcano rifle (Like truck drivers etc.). Ammo was tough to find (at least when I looked, although I did see sites that had it), but that was before the pandemic. It’s a nice little carbine though, and I’m glad I added it to my collection. I can’t speak for hunting (as I’m not a hunter), But it should be fine to shoot if you find the 6.5 Carcano ammunition for it. I can’t speak on parts as I really haven’t looked, but there are probably sites and places like eBay that have parts and accessories

I bought one from Classic Firearms several months ago and it was described as a Calvary Carcano Carbine used during WWII mostly by Italian police on bicycles, and those needing something smaller than the full size Carcano rifle (Like truck drivers etc.). Ammo was tough to find (at least when I looked, although I did see sites that had it), but that was before the pandemic. It’s a nice little carbine though, and I’m glad I added it to my collection. I can’t speak for hunting (as I’m not a hunter), But it should be fine to shoot if you find the 6.5 Carcano ammunition for it. I can’t speak on parts as I really haven’t looked, but there are probably sites and places like eBay that have parts and accessories

How did I know you'd have one ? lol

Definitely going to get one (the license). I seem to love old guns over new ones
This info may help?

Anni & Bob M (and other on previous threads), are correct in stating that getting a C&R license is the way to go. I don’t currently have one, but I’ve bought several Military/Police surplus, that were C&R eligible that I’ve added to my collection. Having then had to pay for the FFL transfer fees, a C&R license would have paid for itself many times over (I really need to get one). The following is a link from Classic Firearms on what a Curio & Relic license is, and tells how to apply by pointing to the BAFT website link that will explain the same as the link provided by Bob above.

Anni & Bob M (and other on previous threads), are correct in stating that getting a C&R license is the way to go. I don’t currently have one, but I’ve bought several Military/Police surplus, that were C&R eligible that I’ve added to my collection. Having then had to pay for the FFL transfer fees, a C&R license would have paid for itself many times over (I really need to get one). The following is a link from Classic Firearms on what a Curio & Relic license is, and tells how to apply by pointing to the BAFT website link that will explain the same as the link provided by Bob above.

I had one till we sold our house and rent now, so I didn’t renew it or reapplied for another one

Ask Lee Harvey Oswald how well they work…
HansBruber, as usual, you beat me to it. Now let's see if Wannabewoodsman can get off 3 rounds in 19 seconds and hit a moving paint can 60 yards away!

LeeHarveyOswaldWarren.jpg

Back