testtest

Militaria Collector’s?

SaltyMonkey

Professional
Hopefully I have placed this in the correct place on the forum.
I have recently become interested in collecting militaria ; more specifically Imperial Japanese, United States and British WW 1 & 2 era items.
My questions are.
1. What are some reputable resources to assist in identifying counterfeit vs authentic items .
2. Can you recommend reputable sellers or market places for authentic items?
Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks

Hopefully I have placed this in the correct place on the forum.
I have recently become interested in collecting militaria ; more specifically Imperial Japanese, United States and British WW 1 & 2 era items.
My questions are.
1. What are some reputable resources to assist in identifying counterfeit vs authentic items .
2. Can you recommend reputable sellers or market places for authentic items?
Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks
Look here, good place to look and get information,

International Military Antiques
imi-usa.com

I too am interested in military weapons specially around the WWI & WWII era. I’m not an expert by any means, and usually buy books from amazon, on the individual firearms I’ve bought. uTube videos are also a good source of information and the explaining of the meaning of their markings, on these collectibles.
I’m fortunate to live by Sarco‘s, and picked up a Springfield 1903 A3, Japanese Arisaka Type 99, and Argentinian Mauser Carbine rifles, from them at their location. I’ve also bought from other LGS, online (Classic Firearms), and local gun shows. In fact, at one gun show I’ve bought at, I talk to a seller quite knowledgeable on old military weapons, and he supplies information and such. My collection includes Mosin Nagants, British Enfields, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Mauser (Black Widow) P08 Luger, Walther P38, 1918 (Black Army) Colt 1911, several different Mausers, etc., all during the war eras. I’d like to continue to add to the collection, as it’s extremely interesting to learn about these different military weapons.

That’s an impressive collection. I agree, I enjoy the stories behind each item just as much as the item. My first was a Japanese Arisaka Type 99 “war trophy” that my grandfather brought back from Burma, as well as the uniforms of both grandfathers that served. In the 90’s I had picked up a few East German officers caps, and Black Soviet Navy Ushanka, a few 25th Infantry Division and Guadalcanal patches, newspapers, currency, pictures and other smalls. At the present time I am more interested in items from The Pacific theater Head gear/ware, bayonets, blades, badges, insignia, some firearms (currently seeking Nambu pistol) , and other smalls.
I appreciate the links I have never heard of
International Military Antiques
imi-usa.com or Sarco’s.

Sarco’s, has a lot of different items besides military firearms and being a fully licensed firearms dealer. I bought my M1 Garand Enbloc clips there, a bayonet or two, ammo for the Arisaka, etc. They even have a fully functioning Gatling gun for sale, priced at $5K. Browse their website when time permits, it’s amazing how much stuff they have.

Back