testtest

Missing the XD Mod. 2

JohnHimes

Operator
I have 2 XD Mod.2, a compact and a long slide. I like them both. I use the compact for EDC and I use the long slide for competition (IDPA and Steel Challenge). I have found them to be excellent pistols. I have yet to find a reason why Springfield stopped making them. Does any one have any insight on that decision? Also, is Springfield still providing parts for them?

I have 2 XD Mod.2, a compact and a long slide. I like them both. I use the compact for EDC and I use the long slide for competition (IDPA and Steel Challenge). I have found them to be excellent pistols. I have yet to find a reason why Springfield stopped making them. Does any one have any insight on that decision? Also, is Springfield still providing parts for them?
I agree !
I bought a compact 9mm and liked it so much I bought a 5.in tactical.
I think Springfield was trying to get their share of the CC market when Sig introduced the popular P365 with the Hellcat.
I'll keep my MOD-2's since the Hellcat is only 3/4 of an inch shorter than my compact and with extended mag carries more.
This is just my experience and have no links to back it up.

I think it was a case of too many lines of pistols in an already over saturated market...

They had the XD series (now called “Defender”).
They had the XDm series.
They had the XDs series.
They had the XDe series.

Thrn they came out with “Mod 2”...which, of we’re being honest...besides a different grip, and a little different styling on the slide machining, was the same pistol as the XD...and they’re all fighting for pretty much the same market segment. Something had to go, and I’m willing to bet HS in Croatia didn’t want to discontinue making the original HS2000/XD”Defender”.

Now they’ve come out with the new XDm series, and I’m willing to bet the original XDm's are going to go away.

The Mod2 will carry on in the XDs line, though...I think the original XDs design is no longer in their catalog.

I have the XD Mod2 sub-compacts in all 3 chambering’s and find them to be exceptional shooting firearms.
I’ve used each as a daily CC but have now relegated the 45 as my 1st line of home defense gun and carry my 40.
I believe HansGruber is spot on with his market saturation statement and I’m happy that I acquired them before they discontinued production.

Back